Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 11/05/2023 at 11:05, Wullie said:

The Chinese tried all this 10 years ago before realising that it's not the players that are the big pull in football, it's the clubs, the competitions and the history behind them. It's extremely difficult to create interest in a football league from scratch and any that succeeded would only do so over a very long time period when such history had been established.

The Chinese pulled out because their economy was dripping and their government called for all businessmen to stop investing in football until it recovered. It starred recovering a bit, and the government allowed them to invest again, which is when Rafa went to China, then the Pandemic hit, their economy shrank, immigration tightened, and they are starting to suffer a world who are pissed off at them, so they have once again ordered an end to investment into football and in particular bringing over foreign players/coaches, and investing in teams outside of China.

Just now, tgarve said:

Surely he’s perfect to slot in our midfield ? 

To old, we need young fresh meat not players that will be good for a season then prop the physio table up the the last two years of his contract 

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

We should be all over that

My God man ... 

Please help me understand your thinking behind this.

Because this is genuinely terrifying.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

My God man ... 

Please help me understand your thinking behind this.

Because this is genuinely terrifying.

He’s a starting player for a team challenging for the title?

He would be ideal as our 4th midfielder no? Had a good season just gone also and would add experience 

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

He’s a starting player for a team challenging for the title?

He would be ideal as our 4th midfielder no? Had a good season just gone also and would add experience 

Can't always just look at the stats though. He's got a decent number of goals and assists this season, but man, he is slow and ponderous. Would look even worse in our setup.

Arsenal pushed him much higher up the pitch as Zinchenko played that inverted full back role this season and so he helped control games in the middle of the park instead.

On top of that he is a hot head and a red card possibility every single game. Think he even flipped off the Arsenal fans at one point after they turned on him for getting sent off.

Were doing well signing quality up and coming players and should stick with that. We already have a decent amount of quality experienced players.

Moves for guys on the way down is something I hope we don't ever do. 

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't always just look at the stats though. He's got a decent number of goals and assists this season, but man, he is slow and ponderous. Would look even worse in our setup.

Arsenal pushed him much higher up the pitch as Zinchenko played that inverted full back role this season and so he helped control games in the middle of the park instead.

On top of that he is a hot head and a red card possibility every single game. Think he even flipped off the Arsenal fans at one point after they turned on him for getting sent off.

Were doing well signing quality up and coming players and should stick with that. We already have a decent amount of quality experienced players.

Moves for guys on the way down is something I hope we don't ever do. 

He’s had 2 sendings off in 6 years including none this season

don’t think he’s a bad player at all been great for arsenal this season 

I get what you are saying I just think a bit of experience and passion isn’t a bad thing ( see trippier ) 

Just now, tgarve said:

I get what you are saying I just think a bit of experience and passion isn’t a bad thing ( see trippier ) 

That red card stat is genuinely surprising! :lol:

I feel like most games I watch of them he's involved in some silliness and is about to lose his head.

Think we're good on experience to be honest. There's so many fantastic players out there. A Xhaka move feels outdated and a bit lazy.

12 minutes ago, tgarve said:

I call bullshit on your two red cards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10402841/amp/Arsenal-Granit-Xhakas-five-red-cards-Gunners.html

Xhaka is rank, like. Irrespective of his numbers. He's an uninspiring player and would be a thoroughly uninspiring signing the likes of Everton make.

Mane allegedly being binned by Bayern. A Chelsea signing if ever there was one.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Oxlade can go back to dancing on TikTok without the pressure of sticking in his sicknote for a Saturday then, which is good for him

:lol: you boomer

22 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Oxlade-Chamberlain worth taking a flyer on? Or is he cooked.

Gotta be cooked surely? He belongs somewhere like Notts Forest. 

Edited by cubaricho