Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Seems idiotic, given that Haaland will break that record if he stays at City in few years..

Records will always get broken. It’s crazy to stay at Spurs (know it’s his home club, but he’s been there long enough) unless he hasn’t got offers from elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Aye the top half of premier league will be stacked with quality next season. Gonna be very difficult to get top 4

Gonna be one the the most competitive years for a long while. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Records will always get broken. It’s crazy to stay at Spurs (know it’s his home club, but he’s been there long enough) unless he hasn’t got offers from elsewhere. 

Wonder if people said the same about Shearer? I've got absolutely no issue with someone wanting to stay at a club out of loyalty rather than chase medals elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Seems odd to be wearing the shirt as well as holding one up. Why not drape one over your head as well? Perhaps eat one? Shit out the shirt on camera? You know, go the extra mile.

4 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So he had no influence on any incoming talent as director of football? ? And on Tonali, no he’s not the same type of player obviously but I hazard to guess that they believe he can have all manner of positive knock on effects on our midfield and general play including Bruno having the option of more influence further forward. 

Bruno is already our playmaker though. We need other genuine attacking options. 

Yeh Ashworth had influence over all footballing matters. But recruitment was not his job.  What’s hard to understand?

8 hours ago, NE28 said:

Nobody is going to replace a player as good as Salah with somebody who has the same goals/assists though. That’s impossible. I doubt anyone at Liverpool even expected Salah to be as good as he’s been when they signed him. Szo has a good 5 years before he hits his prime and no doubt will come good for them. Don’t really see the point in pretending that he’s going to be no good.

Seems like we’ve missed out on a decent prospect, whether that be because we didn’t think he was worth it or we couldn’t afford it. No doubt we’ll simply move on to our next target because that’s the professional outfit we seem to be but this one will definitely sting if he turns out to be as good as many on here think he will be

As others have said we moved from Diego Carlos to Botman and seemingly from other cm targets to Tonali, so it’s hard not to have faith in the recruitment team that is operating at the minute but ultimately everything boils down to what we can afford through ppv  and club income so everything helps

I didn’t say he will be no good. I said I don’t think he’ll be as good as the man he’ll eventually replace. 

I had no personal attachment to the lad. Sure he’s a good player. 

31 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Wonder if people said the same about Shearer? I've got absolutely no issue with someone wanting to stay at a club out of loyalty rather than chase medals elsewhere. 

Of course they did, but he’d obviously already spent the majority of his career (including a league winners medal) elsewhere. Plus Shearer thought we would have a good shot at winning the league. There’s next to no chance at Spurs. I always had Kane down as being quite ambitious, hence him wanting to leave for Man City the other year and being kept against his will by Levy. 

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Disgusting scenes really, young squad on the whole, especially with their attacking options, great manager. Concerned about them next season more than Brighton 

They beat the absolute piss out of us as well. They're genuine trouble.

32 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Didn't he not turn up for training to try and force a move away? [emoji38]

With one year on his contact he'd be mad to sign an extension now. He might as well at least see how this season pans out first. 

45 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Seems odd to be wearing the shirt as well as holding one up. Why not drape one over your head as well? Perhaps eat one? Shit out the shirt on camera? You know, go the extra mile.

It's like Corporal Jones off Dad's Army "HQ Headquarters" 

23 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Bruno is already our playmaker though. We need other genuine attacking options. 

Yeh Ashworth had influence over all footballing matters. But recruitment was not his job.  What’s hard to understand?

I didn’t say he will be no good. I said I don’t think he’ll be as good as the man he’ll eventually replace. 

I had no personal attachment to the lad. Sure he’s a good player. 

Ashworth will still have some influence on quality talent in conjunction with scouts, that’s just my point. 

I agree we need more attacking options, I just think it’ll come in the form of players further forward such as right wing slot given we’ve already spent 50+ on Tonali.

18 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

I just want to point out that I avoid participating in such discussions. This is your home, and you come on here to let off steam and legitimate issues against other clubs and that includes LFC. :)

I enjoy the discussion here. I enjoy getting the views of fans of another club which I respect, even if some of them are anti-LFC.  And unless I have something to contribute positively, I avoid posting. :)

The Office Reaction GIF

What we even have sound scousers now? Do me a favour. 

The fact we didn't move even when we knew Liverpool would trigger the clause raises a couple of questions.

Did we give up because it's a waste of time trying to compete with clubs that have a much higher wage ceiling?

Or were we ever even in for Szob? There's been no word of any bids or contact between the clubs at all. If we weren't in for him, it's in our interests to let the press create a smokescreen while we negotiate elsewhere.

I'm disappointed we've missed out on Szob because he looks the real deal but there's no evidence we were in for him. The Sky Six can't buy everyone and there's tons of talent still out there. We will have a list of contingencies if Szob and Maddison were targets. It seems pretty clear Isak wasn't top of our list, but it's worked out well and we might well have dodged a bullet with players like Ekitike and Calvert-Lewin and so on. I just hope we can get our deals done early like the richest clubs usually do and sign one attacking player that improves the first XI.