Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Defensively great you say :scared: turning circle of an ocean liner and pace off the mark similar to a 2 stroke lawnmower 

I’m assuming he was on about from set pieces and to be fair that is Maguire’s strength. 

6 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Canny profit for PSG given he's been a bit of a flop generally.

Depends how much he's played I suppose. If he wasn't getting much game time, he might not have had much chance to develop or show what he can do.

50 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The sick and twisted side of me wants to see this happen. Was talk of attitude problems at PSG corroborated? Can't imagine Everton is the club to get someone on the straight and narrow so could be a disaster.

59 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Didn’t think about it in that way. They’ll win plenty of games this season with a JWP cross for Maguire to put away and that should enough to keep Moyes about 

Plenty being 1 or maybe 2? How many goals would you expect Maguire to score in one season? 

He only has 4 PL goals for Man Utd in over 100 games.  

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

7 goals for Maguire in 57 games for England, 6 in competitive matches.

Kieran Trippier took about half a season to score more goals for us than he ever did with Spurs. Sometimes you have to blame the environment. [emoji38]

52 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Played quite a few times for PSG, their fans seemed to think he did ok. 

Worth bearing in mind Howe was really keen on him as well. PSG was always going to be a harder proving ground for someone so raw, and right now, we've probably moved beyond him also.

41 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Plenty being 1 or maybe 2? How many goals would you expect Maguire to score in one season? 

He only has 4 PL goals for Man Utd in over 100 games.  

Thinking West Ham as a team in general being really dangerous from set pieces. Ward-Prowse and Maguire will only add to the threat they already have 

45 minutes ago, wormy said:

The sick and twisted side of me wants to see this happen. Was talk of attitude problems at PSG corroborated? Can't imagine Everton is the club to get someone on the straight and narrow so could be a disaster.

I actually disagree, psg dressing room must be a nightmare and loads of internal politics. Going to dyche won't work for everyone but could be a breath of fresh air for a young player. Or could just get kicked in training and bollocked whether tries any skill so we shall see

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Untitled 2.jpg

I saw him play maybe five or six times last season for PSG, personally thought he looked like a very good player with loads of areas to focus on for improvement. He clearly would have been perfect here but he doesn’t have Isak’s talent or mentality. Couldn’t care less where he goes but wherever he goes I hope we end up trouncing them 

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Looking back now, Ekitike not signing did us a huge favour, I personally don't think we would have signed Isak otherwise. 

We've had a few lucky breaks like that it seems.

Keep tripping over and landing on our feet.

Makes a change.

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

Thinking West Ham as a team in general being really dangerous from set pieces. Ward-Prowse and Maguire will only add to the threat they already have 

I agree with this. Moyes absolutely loves a set piece.

Best career rebuilds? 

Sigurdsson is an example of a player who didn't make the impact expected of him when he went up a level. Looked a surplus at Spurs but then went back to Swansea and became a good player again. Can't really think of other players who did the same. Maybe Lukaku at Man U? Was underwhelming in that system but thrived in Inter's. Memphis Depay. Thauvin maybe? Forlan was an unexpected career turnaround. 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Best career rebuilds? 

Sigurdsson is an example of a player who didn't make the impact expected of him when he went up a level. Looked a surplus at Spurs but then went back to Swansea and became a good player again. Can't really think of other players who did the same. Maybe Lukaku at Man U? Was underwhelming in that system but thrived in Inter's. Memphis Depay. Thauvin maybe? Forlan was an unexpected career turnaround. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson.