Other clubs' transfers

Greg

14 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, fair point. Just for like a slightly lower wage you could go live somewhere really cool, and experience a different side of the world like 99% of the population don't have that. I think if I was a player and I was not PL level, I'd be playing abroad for sure.

I always thought I would do this, if I had the talent. It is not just the living in cool places aspect, playing under different managers, getting exposed to different training methods, the connections, etc - the knowledge would be useful in prolonging football career post playing days. 

A bit late to this discussion, but… Man City/Man Utd is barely a rivalry though, is it? It’s only been manufactured by Man City’s success.

And it’s not like Ronaldo was a one club man, he was at Real longer than he was Man Utd. 

Be great to have him in the league again. Will be honoured to watch him singlehandedly shaft us 6-0.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A bit late to this discussion, but… Man City/Man Utd is barely a rivalry though, is it? It’s only been manufactured by Man City’s success.

And it’s not like Ronaldo was a one club man, he was at Real longer than he was Man Utd. 

Be great to have him in the league again. Will be honoured to watch him singlehandedly shaft us 6-0.

Just like he did at Man Utd. Fuck we’ve been shit for so long. :lol: 

As a current resident of the manchester area, I’ve much enjoyed winding up both sets of fans over this. Personally I think United will shit themselves and offer him better terms, I would love to see them start bleating if he did go to City. 

God it would be nice to enjoy a transfer window for once. . . . 

Really enjoying Man U fans realising they don’t have a “special relationship” with Ronaldo. They were just a stepping stone and Madrid were the team he always wanted to play for. A nice little reminder for them of what football is really like.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah, I mean it’s an opportunity that few people get. I don’t understand why they choose to end up playing lower league football here.

Not exactly the same thing, but I have a couple of friends who went professional in basketball, but were not good enough for the NBA or the absolute top level in Europe, and spent careers playing in lower tier leagues across Europe, Asia, and Latin America. The riches you get are not what you hoped for as a young prospect, but the guys are spending their 20's and early-mid 30's traveling the world, experiencing a variety of different cultures and women, and will still retire with enough that they will have a strong financial buffer when it is time to make the next move (assuming they are not reckless in that regard). If I was a young British player, a life like that seems more appealing than toiling in Accrington or some place for your career.

It is mad how the Premier League and a few other financially giant clubs are simply impervious to the economic reality of the world in this moment, especially given the situations in some of the other leagues across Europe. I really did not expect the finances of the game to change so little when the leagues first restarted in summer of 2020, but here we are discussing if Real Madrid will spend 200 million on Mbappe or if Manchester United/City will pay Ronaldo 30 million per season. :lol:

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Of course it's a rivalry even before Man city's success

If Ronaldo returns to Man Utd I would actually find that pretty awesome. Man City would have made me sad.

As others have said, we aren't competing so not really fussed about getting pumped by Man Utd or City any more, it's inevitable.

45 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Really enjoying Man U fans realising they don’t have a “special relationship” with Ronaldo. They were just a stepping stone and Madrid were the team he always wanted to play for. A nice little reminder for them of what football is really like.

:mung: