Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I like Caicdeo, top player that will get better but £110m seems a bit mad and obviously ironic it's the club with low ceilings making that bid

No doubt Liverpool fans/pundits will spin this deal if it goes ahead, you'll see them refer to Caicedo/MacAllister as a combined £140m-150m and try to justify it that way

15 minutes ago, brummie said:

Gil was an absolute legend back in the 80s, proper legend.

He was like a mixture of part Doug Ellis, part Ken Bates and then 60% a pile of bat shit.

He was just a cunt and not much more. 

“In 1989, after Atlético lost to Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup, Gil had this to say about referee Michel Vautrot, who was voted the top ref in the world in both 1988 and ’89: “I wasn’t surprised at all by his refereeing. It’s not that he’s a fairy — he’s a faggot. I know for a fact that the Italians found that referee a blond boy with blue eyes.” The next year, UEFA banned Gil from appearing at European soccer matches for 18 months.

Not long after the Fiorentina loss, Gil allegedly abandoned a deal for top German striker Jurgen Klinsmann at the eleventh hour for no other reason than because he had heard that the player was, in his words, “leaking oil” — a derogatory term in Spain for being gay.

In the spring of 1997, Atlético reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League. The opponent was Ajax, a team featuring Tijani Babangida, Kiki Musampa, and Patrick Kluivert, who scored in the 1–1 first-leg draw.

After that match, Gil offered his assessment on national television: “The black players on Ajax — it looked like the Congo out there, with all due respect. You looked one way and there were four black guys warming up, you looked the other way, there were five, and on the pitch there were three more. Black guys were popping up everywhere,” he said, “as if it were a churro machine.”

Louis van Gaal, Ajax’s manager at the time, condemned the remarks and boycotted a lunch with Atlético officials before the second-leg tie in Madrid. The following day, the headline “Looks Like Congo” topped the front page of Dutch tabloid De Telegraaf.”

https://medium.com/whatahowler/the-many-crimes-of-jesus-gil-12bf17f56136

Not watched a lot of Brighton admittedly, but my only real memeory of Caicedo is him playing at RB and getting murdered in our match up here last season.

But aye, £110m, and not even the 'english' tax like Grealish or Rice! :idiot2:

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tonali and Bruno were bargains of the century based on this current market. 

Boggles my mind how we got Bruno that cheap... The caicedo fee stinks of trying to one up opposition clubs with a fee. Just scout better. Brighton will bring in another lad they signed for £2m a year ago without anyone noticing.