Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Funny thing about King to Manyoo is that if they had a great manager be could be brilliant there. I like King a lot. But they don't. They have the Norwegian Boris Johnson in charge so King would actually be perfect in one respect, just not on the pitch.

Funny thing about King to Manyoo is that if they had a great manager be could be brilliant there. I like King a lot. But they don't. They have the Norwegian Boris Johnson in charge so King would actually be perfect in one respect, just not on the pitch.

All things considered Solskjaer has done very well. Not sure about your comparison with big Boris. :lol: Unbeaten in 11 at the moment. A run where we didn't have Rashford and Pogba who are two of the best players in the league.

Bruno Fernandes has made a serious difference, and the club feels together for the first time in a while.

Sancho, Rashford and Martial seems like a pretty devastating front three to me. If they can get Pogba back on side with Bruno they might actually start challenging again with a couple of sensible squad additions.

Guest neesy111

Saul Niguez's new club announcement was him announcing a new project in his hometown he's going to be involved in

Good bit of PR for it.

Except Martial never seems to be motivated.

Not with the Norwegian baby face.

Martial is having his best season by far under Solskjaer. He's already equalled his best ever PL goalscoring season. Looks the happiest he's ever been too.

Really need to do a bit of research before having blind pops at players and Solskjaer. :lol:

Except Martial never seems to be motivated.

Not with the Norwegian baby face.

Martial is having his best season by far under Solskjaer. He's already equalled his best ever PL goalscoring season. Looks the happiest he's ever been too.

Really need to do a bit of research before having blind pops at players and Solskjaer. :lol:

My reply was actually aimed at St1pes post. Because I very much doubt that the club will get anywhere under OGS.

Guest Howaythetoon

Martial could be a great player, whenever I see him play, I feel like there is a lot more in him or to come which for some reason only ever really threatens to come out.

I think he’s a central striker not a wide forward, same with Martial, it would be interesting to see how together centrally they would do as a partnership over a full campaign.

They are clever enough and have the physical attributes along with pace to play a more intelligent game where they can work out for themselves where to operate up front if not always centrally, like Shearer and Sir Les could despite both clearly being centre-forwards.

As for OGS, he’s done a good job at Man Utd if you base that on what kind of job he’s had to come in and do and where they as a club are right now, almost a transitional period. I don’t think he’s gonna return them back to the top and winning titles, but he’ll lay the kind of foundations for someone who can and they will need to eventually bring in which I don’t think even a better manager would do that too, not any better than OGS and if they had to, it would still come at the expense of finishing top and winning major trophies anyway.

He’s kind of a Houllier before Rafa appointee needed first.

If he can get them into the CL for 2 seasons, get rid of the negative culture and environment and create a more positive one with a young and talented group of players feee of any dead wood, injury prone, big earning non contributors or half arsed contributors and maybe even win a cup or two, a better manager coming in would be far more likely to get them to the next level up and back to where they used to be than if he had to also do all of that too before.

Their recruitment process has been awful though and they lack real genuine leadership and real star quality in defence and midfield other than Bruno Fernandes and the next two transfer windows are huge for them and will determine whether OGS can get them in such a position or they have to start the whole process all over again because he’s taken them back even further.

Me, I’d not want to risk that because I think it could go either way, even with better recruitment, so I’d look to replace him with a top manager happy he’s done enough or a good enough job they are in a better position to kick on bigger and better.

Poch, Alegri, Simeone or Conte with the right recruitment of players would have them challenging again and provide them with a better shot at winning big trophies than OGS ever will, but only because of the work he’s started and the foundations laid in the time since he was appointed otherwise it would be another van Gaal or Mourinho era again, with or without the trophies they won. With OGS the risk is in the end, it will be another Moyes era type result.

Hopefully they sack OGS and appoint Bruce with Keano number 2 and Bryan Robson in charge of recruitment.

HTT[/member] Froggy[/member]

For me, having watched OGS tactics in, granted, a much smaller league - he's trying to emulate Fergie in his management style. That being a cohesive "work for the team" attitude in his teams rather than fill it up with big names. Given what we've seen of Man Utd with "big name" managers trying to do that, I genuinely believe they should just leave OGS to it and they'll be better off either way. If he succeeds at being a Fergie light, then Man Utd will have some good days. If he fails, he'll have prepared the groundwork as HTT says, but I doubt their next appointment would be someone who'd not just go back to signing big names and hoping for a bit of magic rather than have a cohesive team unit, so there's that.

I don't think OGS is a worldbeater, far from it. I do however think he is a good fit for Man Utd. Some people are just made for certain clubs, and this is in no way a comparison of ability - just an example of certain managers being great fit for certain clubs, but much like Keegan for us. Keegan worked for us because he understood us, and he was brilliant, but I am genuinely uncertain if he'd have made that work at other clubs than us - because we were a great fit for eachother.

Fair play to Chelsea there. Wow.

Not much of a surprise - they’ve been linked with him for months now - wonder if he plays up top or the wing in their 4-3-3 system?

Sounds like it's up to Liverpool to match or better the offer. Fills a big need for Chelsea if they pull it off.

He's holding out for Staveleys offer.

Nächste woche.

Sounds like it's up to Liverpool to match or better the offer. Fills a big need for Chelsea if they pull it off.

Nevermind then, looks like it's actually done. Could be lethal next season if their midfield and front three/four can stay healthy

Looks like Chelsea are using the financial implications of the health crisis to their advantage. Liverpool dont have as wealthy backers and cannot make these type of signings under the current climate  if the Saudi takeover happens we should be in a similar position