Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I always find that criticism a bit weird of managers at big clubs. Mou gets it a lot. Those clubs are going to spend big regardless of the manager. Has Pep been successful at City? Yes. Has he imposed his philosophy at the clubs he’s been at? Yes. Maybe a poor comparison but it’s not like he’s Pardew in our 5th season where he landed on a system that worked with the players he’s signed.

Guest chopey

Valencia have put their entire squad up for sale, I bet El Bruceo our Spanish scout is on high alert in Benidorm this morning.

Valencia have put their entire squad up for sale, I bet El Bruceo our Spanish scout is on high alert in Benidorm this morning.

Like Bruce and our scouting team have even heard of Valencia  ;D

If Lampard is the real deal then they could be looking at a title challenge in the next couple of years, if not next year. Liverpool aren't going to sustain this level of intensity after two ridiculous seasons and City's short term future isn't certain. Can see the title race being a hell of a lot closer next season either way, particularly if we can hang onto Bruce and Joelinton, put Carroll at the back and secure the Basham signing.

Surprised Havertz isn't aiming for better. Then again, at least he's not going to Bayern.

The article states that he was holding out for Real, but they're unable to fund the deal

Can't remember where I read it but Leverkusen don't need to sell this summer so weren't going to budge much on the fee regardless of the pandemic.

Chelsea are going to be even more top heavy than they already are.

Surprised Havertz isn't aiming for better. Then again, at least he's not going to Bayern.

The article states that he was holding out for Real, but they're unable to fund the deal

Can't remember where I read it but Leverkusen don't need to sell this summer so weren't going to budge much on the fee regardless of the pandemic.

Chelsea are going to be even more top heavy than they already are.

Technically they don't, as his contract runs until 2022 and were hopeful of him staying another year, however Havertz has apparently told them he wants to leave this summer after they lost the cup final to Bayern.