Other clubs' transfers

Greg

He’s on £70-80k isn’t he?

But you think Dier should be on £120k ???

No, I said £60k a week is low for someone who’s played at the level he has for the last 5 years. I’d take him on around £80k a week though, he’d improve us.

The story is about him wanting £120k a week though :lol: I doubt we're gonna attract him for £80k a week (I wouldn't want him even on £60k like)

He’s on £70-80k isn’t he?

But you think Dier should be on £120k ???

No, I said £60k a week is low for someone who’s played at the level he has for the last 5 years. I’d take him on around £80k a week though, he’d improve us.

The story is about him wanting £120k a week though :lol: I doubt we're gonna attract him for £80k a week (I wouldn't want him even on £60k like)

The story actually says he wants more than £120k :lol:

That does seem low for someone who’s played that many games in the top 4 of the league and won numerous caps. He’s not top class but I’d take him.

I don’t rate him at all. Awful at centre back and doesn’t offer enough in possession as a midfielder.

Definitely this.  How he has so many caps is beyond me.

Mourinho's obsession with Dier is weird. He's not very good at all

He favours a physically dominant centreback and that is the closest they seem to have at the moment. I do not rate him either, but Spurs could replace their entire defense, tbh, all poor. The Belgians have declined and the other players are erratic or just average. They have had very poor recruitment generally for a while now.

Occurred to me today watching Arsenal that despite a conveyor belt of talent coming through their academy going back 20+ years they've not managed to produce (or even scout) one CB worthy of the name have they?

Upson?

Good shout. However, he was bought from Luton for £2m at 18 years old in 1997. Although he was decent for Birmingham, I'm not sure you can class him as one of their great talents. Probably the best CB they have somewhat produced in recent years, but that's not saying much. Birmingham-Upson would probably get into their side today though.

Occurred to me today watching Arsenal that despite a conveyor belt of talent coming through their academy going back 20+ years they've not managed to produce (or even scout) one CB worthy of the name have they?

Upson?

57 appearances in 6 seasons suggests he wasn’t great at the Gunners.

Upson?

That wasn't the mantra though, was it? Just "produce one CB worthy". Post never said they had to be great at Arsenal.

That said I didn't realise they bought him from Luton as per above post.

Upson?

That wasn't the mantra though, was it? Just "produce one CB worthy". Post never said they had to be great at Arsenal.

My bad- I took the ‘produce one CB worthy’ as meaning that player must be worthy, ie good, as opposed to merely producing a player.

Upson?

My bad- I took the ‘produce one CB worthy’ as meaning that player must be worthy, ie good, as opposed to merely producing a player.

He didn't play for Arsenal but he was obviously a good player.

Upson?

Upson was a canny player.