Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Should have signed him 10 years ago when we had the chance

Yup, sure we were linked when he was playing in League 1. Imagine who we could have had if we had an owner who wasn't a stupid cunt? Lallana, Alli, Callum Wilson and Lewis Dunk for starters.

We could have had all 4 of those for less than half what we paid Joelinton. How is he so fucking blind to it.

I have no idea whether he plays for City or Valencia - thanks to my latest football pet hate (which is the photoshopping of players' face/body onto kits for clubs they don't play for! Fuck off!). 

Brighton sign Veltman from Ajax. Only 900k.

No idea why he's up for that.

Release clause, plus any PL team can pay wages higher than Ajax. He’s been there 19 years and maybe needs to test himself elsewhere (or get more money).

Release clause, plus any PL team can pay wages higher than Ajax. He’s been there 19 years and maybe needs to test himself elsewhere (or get more money).

Haven't played much last two seasons either by the looks of it.

Guest chopey

Bournemouth have a £110 million wage bill and still owe £81million in transfer fees according to The Athletic.

And that’s where it’s catch 22 for any smaller club wanting to compete in the Premier League. If they didn’t spend that sort of money they’d likely be a lower Championship/League One club. Once they ‘bottom out’ they’ll probably go back to their more natural level. Their fans will have had 5 years they could only have dreamed about, as long as the club survives is it really a bad thing?

£900k is a strange release clause to have

Read that Sancho would prefer to go to Liverpool than Man Utd. Not sure he'd be a starter there

So one of my favourite players is linked to the two clubs I hate in world football, and we're still stuck with Ashley and Bruce. Wonder why I hate football these days?

If he had any sense he'd hang around Dortmund for a few more years before trying to get a big move

Absolutely - he's got the opportunity to grow a little more before making the big career-defining move.