Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I think it's based on how the average wage will be going up and up over the next 6 years. They could gave him less than that wage for 3 years but if he stayed and signed a new 3 year deal after that it would cost them more especially with signing on fees etc. At least this wage ties him down. Not sure what kind of wages the top players were getting in 2015 but I'd say there is quite a difference in today's market. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

I think it's based on how the average wage will be going up and up over the next 6 years. They could gave him less than that wage for 3 years but if he stayed and signed a new 3 year deal after that it would cost them more especially with signing on fees etc. At least this wage ties him down. Not sure what kind of wages the top players were getting in 2015 but I'd say there is quite a difference in today's market. 

Interesting  :thup:

That is mad. So tough for him not to take that up when it's on the table. I imagine that's a big part of the move for him.

Utter waste him going to PSG - needs to test himself in the Premier League.  That aside though - surely PSG don't rake in the income to pay for all these players? Their wage bill must already be astronomical before you even add Messi to that.

Edited by duo

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Aside from him going to either the Middle East or China, him going to PSG is literally the most uninteresting ending to this story you could wish for. Purely commercial. 

Hmm, I don't like it as a move but not sure how you can say its purely commercial when they have the ability to win a CL and he doesn't have many/any other options

Edited by triggs

Just now, triggs said:

Hmm, I don't like it as a move but not sure how you can say its purely commercial when they have the ability to win a CL

Add the best player of all time to any team and their chances of winning the CL improve greatly. Besides, he's already won it four times, in addition to 32 other major honours, six Ballon D'Ors and a raft of other individual awards. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Add the best player of all time to any team and their chances of winning the CL improve greatly. Besides, he's already won it four times, in addition to 32 other major honours, six Ballon D'Ors and a raft of other individual awards. 

He has to play somewhere though :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fascinating. :lol:

[emoji38]

Fascinating to see if Corrupt Bein Sports FC beat Fraudulent Abu Dhabi FC to the signature of a 34 year old tax evader wanting £100m a year. 

And maybe there’s an outside chance that Money Laundering Oligarch FC might be in the running if the arab cash isn’t enough. 

Sadly, it doesn’t look like the multi millionaire tax evader will return back to his first club in Argentina as it just won’t pay.  

And they say romance in football is dead. It’s what football is all about, isn’t it? 

9 minutes ago, triggs said:

He has to play somewhere though :lol: 

True. I dunno what I was expecting really. Just think it would've been a hell of lot more 'fascinating' had he rocked up at one of the second-tier elite sides, like Disco's example, rather than the most artificial of all the top-tier ones. 

Of course he'll want to win the Champions League yet again because you don't become the GOAT if you're not utterly driven by success, but I wouldn't believe for a second that it's the primary reason for choosing PSG. 

There's just something about that French league, I don't know what it is. I actually like watching it, lot of good young players coming through all the time, but the overall competition is dull. Even when PSG have a proper competitor it's hard to get excited about.

I don't think at 34 anybody is going to go to a more project type club though. Think it will actually suit him a lot tbh at PSG if he does end up there. Won't have to try to that hard in the league so can be at his best in the CL and for the World Cup in 18 months which is his real goal before winding down his career IMO

Edited by triggs

14 minutes ago, triggs said:

I don't think at 34 anybody is going to go to a more project type club though. Think it will actually suit him a lot tbh at PSG if he does end up there. Won't have to try to that hard in the league so can be at his best in the CL and for the World Cup in 18 months which is his real goal before winding down his career IMO

Interesting point I hadn't considered. :thup:

Ah well, I definitely stand by my initial comment about it definitely not being fascinating. Fascinating would've been him going to Crewe Alexandra or Kilmarnock. 

Mbappe needs to get out of that club. He is already stuck in a situation where he isn't being challenged enough playing at a club that is so much better than all the others in the league, and now you add Messi to the mix? Going to stunt his growth even further.

1 hour ago, Wullie said:

There's just something about that French league, I don't know what it is. I actually like watching it, lot of good young players coming through all the time, but the overall competition is dull. Even when PSG have a proper competitor it's hard to get excited about.

Know exactly what you mean. I always get the feeling that beyond the ultras and despite some clubs getting decent attendances that folk don’t care that much. 

Germany feels similar to a much lesser degree albeit the country obviously has a much bigger and more genuine football culture.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Mbappe needs to get out of that club. He is already stuck in a situation where he isn't being challenged enough playing at a club that is so much better than all the others in the league, and now you add Messi to the mix? Going to stunt his growth even further.

Would be quite funny if Messi signing for PSG is the catalyst for Mbappe turning down an extension there and joining Madrid on a free next season. 

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Know exactly what you mean. I always get the feeling that beyond the ultras and despite some clubs getting decent attendances that folk don’t care that much. 

Germany feels similar to a much lesser degree albeit the country obviously has a much bigger and more genuine football culture.

Not sure you can say folk generally don’t care about football too much in France when they’ve won the WC twice in the last 25 years.

PSG are an artificial sack of shite though, if he’s going to France I’d far rather he went to Marseille or similar.

Might as well go to the MSL to grow the game there.  Would be huge and he would be closer to home for internationals.

Edited by Sima

11 hours ago, neesy111 said:

And?  He generates over 100m euros for Barca.  He should get a chunk of that.

He's also taken a 70% paycut the last 2 seasons.  Not his fault that Barca are so shambolically ran.

:lol: Neesy I never said anything negative about Messi. He is and should be the best paid player in the world. 

Just laughed at the notion he was on £500k a week. Barely touches the sides.