Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Looks like Messi will finally sign today. It will be like a new signing, since technically it is a new signing :lol:

How on earth are they doing it?  I read a big article in the athletic about the situation yesterday and it seemed virtually impossible they'd manage it, certainly not without jettisoning their other free transfers this summer and getting rid of a fair few.  It also said the atmosphere around the club regarding the situation is one of almost being in total denial of the shite they're in.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

How on earth are they doing it?  I read a big article in the athletic about the situation yesterday and it seemed virtually impossible they'd manage it, certainly not without jettisoning their other free transfers this summer and getting rid of a fair few.  It also said the atmosphere around the club regarding the situation is one of almost being in total denial of the shite they're in.

The new deal La Liga is about to sign will reportedly facilitate things greatly. We still have to move some players in order to fit Messi under the wage cap, though.

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Lukaku to Chelsea a strange one

he wasn’t so great at man united

4 minutes ago, tgarve said:

42 goals and 13 assists in 96 - apparently he's improved as a player these last few years.

113 in 252 in the PL overall!

I think he'd be a great signing for them.

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

This was as much our/Ole's fault as it was Lukaku's. We wanted a dynamic front three rather than an out and out centre forward. Backfired a little as we were then crying out for a centre forward. Still happy with £75m for him mind. He has his flaws.

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

This was as much our/Ole's fault as it was Lukaku's. We wanted a dynamic front three rather than an out and out centre forward. Backfired a little as we were then crying out for a centre forward. Still happy with £75m for him mind. He has his flaws.

Have it on good authority that you only received £15m for him the year he was sold.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Was Drogba underrated? Is Mbappe?

Drogba? Possibly I mean you don’t here anyone speak about him in terms of all time great strikers. 

Mbappe is interesting in the fact like say Sterling he seemingly comes under a massive microscope particularly off the field. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Drogba? Possibly I mean you don’t here anyone speak about him in terms of all time great strikers. 

Mbappe is interesting in the fact like say Sterling he seemingly comes under a massive microscope particularly off the field. 

Oh I don't doubt that race plays a huge part in how respected players are, but at the same time I didn't even realise Lukaku was underrated :lol:

45 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I guess his play style isn't aesthetically pleasing, which taints people's views but yeah his goal record is crazy. I remember when he was at baggies they played sunderland, and I was at the game and he was incredible. He completley dominated.

sunderland_2410749b.jpg

Not a fan of that top, mate.

Lukaku has to be one of my favourite players in the modern game at the moment. Always a threat and works his bollocks off for the team. He's matured under fantastic coaching at Inter, so think he'll be a very different proposition should he return to the PL this time.

If you don't rate Lukaku or are seemingly finding ways to say "he's not that great" or "don't like his style" you're knowledge of football is quite odd. 

He's a world class striker who has been banging in goals his entire career. Bloody weird to be scoffing at signing him, no matter the price. Who seriously gives a fuck about transfer fees anymore? It's all inflated anyway, we can't even sign a 10m player ffs.