Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest neesy111
Just now, Tiresias said:

Criminal. It's not even like a lot of of the ludicrous over spending was sensible business either. And they got 200m for Neymar. 

Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann are 3 of the worst signings of all time for the money they paid for them.

Weren't they paying Messi like 700k a week? I get it, it's Messi and he's probably worth it, but got to wonder how much that skews the rest of the wage bill? Coutinho isn't going to come to them for £150m or whatever it was and get paid a fraction of what Messi earns. 

:lol: God no longer cares about this FM save with the new edition coming in a few months. Blow it up. I'm all for it. Fuck football. Will watch every PSG game if that happens. Allez les whatever they call themselves.

Coutinho was one of the best players I have seen at St James, has he had injuries at Barca or something cos I thought that was a nailed on great transfer even for the money they paid.

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Weren't they paying Messi like 700k a week? I get it, it's Messi and he's probably worth it, but got to wonder how much that skews the rest of the wage bill? Coutinho isn't going to come to them for £150m or whatever it was and get paid a fraction of what Messi earns. 

Read an article that made this exact point, Messi's wage set the bar for everyone else coming in and they had to pay them to get them.

Didn't realise Ramsdale's age, maybe not the worst move in the world if they really think he can kick on then.  Arsenal are mental, what do they actually need you think in order to improve?  They've got a lot of pieces but they never seem to be fit enough to get going, Thomas DM & Gabriel CB should both be good enough imo, their full backs aren't bad on paper but despite having £200m of strikers they just seem to lack a proper focal point that can bring the likes of Saka, ESR and so on into the game.  They should have brought Giroud back tbh, or someone that can play with their back to goal and bring others into play.

Keeper

Bellerin White Gabriel  Tierney

Thomas Xhaka/Lokonga

ESR Odegaard Saka

Giroud type

Some variation of that would surely give them more stability and actually play to the strengths of their players, but would mean abandoning Auba, Laca & Pepe or at least 1/2 of them :lol:  Oh yeah and Thomes/Gabriel never fit obvs

Edited by mrmojorisin75

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ramsdale and Odegaard will probably be decent additions but you'd think money could be spent better elsewhere at Arsenal

Bang average for a bang average side, if they signed Willock, he’d have been a higher calibre of player ffs!