Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

I think this is an interesting discussion point.

Personally, I find myself much more interested in the Italian league than any other foreign league. I don't really understand why. I suppose due to the historical cache of several clubs in Serie A, combined with my age. With the league seemingly peaking in at a time when I was paying the most attention, and of course James Richardson's gelatos certainly helped. The fact there are several teams of interest always made it seem more competitive too. Hopefully the decade of Juventus pissing the league are a thing of the past, but it doesn't sound like it given the debacle at Inter.

Might give it a genuine go this year. I think I'll need to arbitrarily pick a club to support. Ideally one that I could be bothered to visit some day. I always had Roma kits as a yoot, but they seem uninspiring plus Mourinho :undecided:

:thup: I’ll try to watch as much Serie A football as I can this season. Sampdoria is my team.

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why Sampdoria out of interest? 

No good reason really. I’ve grown to like them, learned a bit about their history, they’ve had some fine players, I love the shirts etc.

38 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

We're not competing for anything, what the fuck does it matter if he plays for someone else?

Would've been fun/interesting. 

at some point we might. Messi going to someone else raises their status as a club forever.

6 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

We're not competing for anything, what the fuck does it matter if he plays for someone else?

Yeah, same, and that's how I know how we've fallen. I used to never get why people wanted great players or managers 'in the league' if it's not for your club. Like fuck do I want some superstar coming to score against us. Now what does it matter, might as well get to see some famous players at St James's, ooh Guardiola in Newcastle, that's nice.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

What are Arsenal up to then?  They've signed a defender to replace Luiz and are trying to sign a goalkeeper they don't necessarily need.  Thomas seems to be a cripple, they've lost Ceballos & Ødegaard back to Real and obviously are selling Willock.

Seems to be a total shitshow.

18 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Exactly- I'd have loved to see him play at St James even for an opposing team 

3 hours ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

What are Arsenal up to then?  They've signed a defender to replace Luiz and are trying to sign a goalkeeper they don't necessarily need.  Thomas seems to be a cripple, they've lost Ceballos & Ødegaard back to Real and obviously are selling Willock.

Seems to be a total shitshow.

They’ve been a shitshow for a while now. No idea who is in charge of their recruitment but it’s been gradually getting worse since Wenger left.

Staggering that Arsenal sold us Emi Martinez, who is for my money one of the best keepers in Europe, to replace him with someone half as much again who isn't even any use.

As a club, they are absolutely all over the place.

17 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’ve been a shitshow for a while now. No idea who is in charge of their recruitment but it’s been gradually getting worse since Wenger left.

Edu ?