Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Has to produce the goods though. If he's shite then he may well not get another PL contract. 

So he’ll just end up in the MLS or wherever. No big deal for JLinz so long as the cash rolls in. 

Suprised Belotti hasn’t been snapped up yet, will have offers already and must be waiting it out for the biggest contract he can get unless he has his heart set on somewhere 

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

Suprised Belotti hasn’t been snapped up yet, will have offers already and must be waiting it out for the biggest contract he can get unless he has his heart set on somewhere 

Wanted to go to Milan I think, but that might be a non starter now that Zlatan has signed an extension. Think he wants to stay in Italy though- Roma and Juve been linked lately. 

2 hours ago, madras said:

But it seems like the debt went up 400mill in 4 yrs  2018 until the sale ?

A sizeable chunk of that will be written off with covid allowances but yes, it's hard to see how they comply with FFP, but it's not because there's a loophole in an owner loaning money to the club, there isn't.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

A sizeable chunk of that will be written off with covid allowances but yes, it's hard to see how they comply with FFP, but it's not because there's a loophole in an owner loaning money to the club, there isn't.

Yeah I know the owner can't write it off so the takeover wiping out their debt shouldn't affect the FFP accounting ? Or does it ?

2 hours ago, JNK said:

7 hours ago, toon25 said:

How does the league system work in Brazil mate? Always been curious. Is it a little like the MLS with geographic divisions (east/west, etc) with the top teams playing each other at the end of each season?

1st division is 20 clubs with the last 4 being relegated and 4 coming from 2nd division. There's no conferences or anything like that, if you are lets say from Manaus (Amazonas) and you have a game in Porto Alegre (farthest capital south in Brazil) you're travelling(Most big clubs in Brazil are in SouthEast and South).

Also, that's the big difference between European and South American football besides the money, here the travels are INSANE, specially when you face teams in high altitudes, La Paz is like 7km above sea level, in Brazil alone you have cities where this time of the year the temperature is something like 5ºC and others like where I live with 30ºC on the same country.

There are separate state leagues too, though, right? So a club could be playing in both the national league and a state league (or something like that)?

13 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah I know the owner can't write it off so the takeover wiping out their debt shouldn't affect the FFP accounting ? Or does it ?

It doesn't, FFP is based on opperating profit/loss on specific activities, writing off debt isn't relevant to it.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It doesn't, FFP is based on opperating profit/loss on specific activities, writing off debt isn't relevant to it.

That's what I thought but I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread that them being debt free would have a bearing on it. That maybe if the debt  was on the market and not  to its owner who's unlikely to be charging interest and any sort of repayment.

32 minutes ago, madras said:

That's what I thought but I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread that them being debt free would have a bearing on it. That maybe if the debt  was on the market and not  to its owner who's unlikely to be charging interest and any sort of repayment.

Interest payments would impact on FFP I think but in Chelsea's case I don't think Abramovic was charging interest. Anyway, it's not an FFP loophole.

Edited by Jackie Broon

Also, for FFP purposes (EPL version) if you took out 500m to build a new stadium this wouldn’t reflect in your FFP calculation but would reflect in your overall debt. 

It’s nuanced and unfortunately nuance and media are foes. 

2 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

There are separate state leagues too, though, right? So a club could be playing in both the national league and a state league (or something like that)?

State leagues are regional leagues that usually go from january to march, most really big clubs use mixed os reserve squads before the play-offs (my team usually goes full U23 for the regionals) except in Sao Paulo where it's actually pretty competitive.

There's also the Brazilian Cup where most clubs no matter the division (some without) play, thers a North East Cup and we used to have a Rio-SP and a South-Minas Cup (whole south and Minas Gerias top teams) but except for the NE Cup the others were discontinued.

5 hours ago, Nine said:

It looked liked him going to Monaco was a done deal but has went very quiet. Toronto had also been mentioned.

They were talking on the ramble how clubs seem a lot more hesitant to take free agents on this year. Think there’s an expectation from the players of inflated wages if there’s no fee and clubs are not wanting to commit to this.

12 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

That's not how it works. It makes no difference to the profit/loss, only losses of up to £115m over three years can be covered by an owner putting in money.

Chelsea's debt to Abramovic had been built up over a long period of time, some of which was before FFP. 

Chelsea’s debt, you say?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-debt-todd-boehly-clearlake-capital-b1013833.html?amp

9 hours ago, Nine said:

I read somewhere he doesn't want to leave Italy. 

Barcelona alleged to have beaten Chelsea to Kounde. Fuckers really are the pits, apparently they have outstanding payments of over 120m Euros with clubs across Europe that need paying but still whacking down cash for players.