Other clubs' transfers

Greg

46 minutes ago, madras said:

At what point does someone say "I have enough".

Some people do wrap it in when the stresses outwiegh the reward tbf. Some do extraordinary things with their wedge as well. 

I can't think, tho, why anyone would turn their nose up at £400m for kicks

2 hours ago, madras said:

At what point does someone say "I have enough".

:thup: if he doesn't feel he has earnt the right to put football before money at this stage then it's really quite pathetic imo. He's already worth about half a billion dollars (Google). 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Some people do wrap it in when the stresses outwiegh the reward tbf. Some do extraordinary things with their wedge as well. 

I can't think, tho, why anyone would turn their nose up at £400m for kicks

Because they already have way more money than they could ever spend? 

9 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Well there's your multi billionaires who have reached the monetary level where they can afford space rockets for toys but you can always "spend". 

In some ways greed v benevolence is in the eye of the beholder. 

I simply can't imagine getting paid £200k a week like ?

50 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Not that I necessarily agree with the core concept of greed and luxury, but Drake (of all people) put it in words that I'll now butcher by paraphrasing:

"When you don't have a million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have a million dollars can buy. When you get a million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have ten million dollars can buy. When you get ten million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have a hundred million dollars can buy. There will always be something too expensive for you and you will always want to earn enough money to be able to get it. When you have a lot of money, you buy more expensive things, so you burn through it almost at the same rate as you did when you didn't have that amount of money - because the stuff you now want to buy, and can buy, are expensive."

Edited by Kaizero

14 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Not that I necessarily agree with the core concept of greed and luxury, but Drake (of all people) put it in words that I'll now butcher by paraphrasing:

"When you don't have a million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have a million dollars can buy. When you get a million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have ten million dollars can buy. When you get ten million dollars, you dream of being able to buy what people that have a hundred million dollars can buy. There will always be something too expensive for you and you will always want to earn enough money to be able to get it. When you have a lot of money, you buy more expensive things, so you burn through it almost at the same rate as you did when you didn't have that amount of money - because the stuff you now want to buy, and can buy, are expensive."

A depressing indictment of our species. If Drake is to be believed, we’re not much more than a Fox that goes mental in a Chicken coop, killing 10 when it can only eat 1. Fortunately Drake is a dipshit.

28 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

A depressing indictment of our species. If Drake is to be believed, we’re not much more than a Fox that goes mental in a Chicken coop, killing 10 when it can only eat 1. Fortunately Drake is a dipshit.

99% of humans are like that though. Saw a statistic once saying that a majority of first price lottery winners (with massive payouts) go broke and/or die within five years or something. 

Edited by Kaizero

Juninho Pernambucano been talking up that Andrey Santos lad they signed that we were after. Gonna be the real deal apparently.

just another year or two and we’ll be able to compete with Chelsea in the market for these top young talents.

Guys please stop freaking out about Chelsea's spending man, and don't be envious of it. It's the absolute worst case approach and I am so glad we haven't gone down this road. It's not going to work. This buying success model isn't going to be as effective as it was in the past.

A really good manager that can coach who is working in tandem with the sporting director/recruitment team and who are making well thought out signings is the approach going forward.

There is so much money in the Premier league now that even the smaller teams can spend a decent amount of money on players that are good enough to make an impact. Provided they have the aforementioned manager/coach and recruitment model working well success can be had.

Potter is not the type of manager that will be able to handle having all of these big name and big price tag players thrown at him so haphazardly. It's going to be really difficult for him to get them playing the way he wants, which takes a lot of coaching. I don't think these players are going to be open minded or patient enough. Not to mention the fans are going to be incredibly impatient now, which will ramp up the pressure immensely.

Its turning into a galactico club. Potter at heart I think would have done his best work utilising the likes of Gallagher, Broja, Mount, James, Loftus Cheek etc. The young hungry and really talented young players that come through their academy. He's completely the wrong manager for this nonsense. It's actually quite unbelievable how dumb the new owner is.

The whole thing is going to be a spectacular mess. Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Edited by KaKa

This Chelsea transfer model is a bit crazy mind. I don't really know but surely this is not Graham Potter saying "i want this player, I want that player". It's more like he is given all these players and has to get a winning team out of them.

In the past, Mourinho was wanting all the players and Abrahmovic agreed didn't he? 

I was telling my brother the other day that I'm glad we seem to have sound and forward thinking owners transfer wise with a manager who also is not one known for crazy spending. Imagine either one of them splashed the cash on an ageing and greedy Ronaldo just because we could afford to. Would have been disastourous for us long term.

18 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

Is Ronaldo's £400m not tax free too? Would be equivalent of £7-800m in UK...

And I bet where he lives will be free and he’ll have 24/7 service available to him from chefs to maids and everything else.  He won’t have to spend a dime during his time there. 

12 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

And I bet where he lives will be free and he’ll have 24/7 service available to him from chefs to maids and everything else.  He won’t have to spend a dime during his time there. 

What a loser for going there... :lol: 

Chelsea have just appointed Christian Vivell who was at  one of the RedBull clubs and apparently unearthed a lot of talent. If memory serves me right they also took the chief scout from Brighton, who probably would take a lot of the credit alongside Ashworth for their success.

They seem to be all over the best young talent at the minute and the type of players we’re interested in. I actually think they’re going about it the right way and would imagine Potter is much better working with young and hungry players.

At the end of the day though how fucking good does it feel to be talking about Chelsea. There’s more than enough good players out there and I’m sure with our setup we’ll having a cracking team in place to compete with this lot going forward.