Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Grew into it, so I'm happy with that. For all the possession they've done nothing. I'd happily take a boring 0-0, but with a bit of craft we can definitely get something.

Think we've been decent there, looked the more likely to score and mostly solid at the back. Pity about the dive because apart from that Merino has been excellent again. Annoying thing is he was actually through as well with some brilliant skill but cheating took over. :thdn:

Game is there to be won.

Guest neesy111

Was it a pen on Merino? Looked it live.

Nah, it looked it live on TV but he took a dive. I'm expecting retrospective action for him.

Can't happen.

ALl this "everyone is against us" is tiresome.

IMO Sanches could've seen red.

But Merino should have a yellow and another referee could've given Lascellles penalty.

What would have given a penalty for exactly ? No one is arguing that Merino should have been booked btw.

Thats been a pretty decent tactical performance from us, we've let them have the ball, but been defensibly solid, counter well enough, and could be ahead bar an excellent save. Hayden, has been a bit off the pace when in possession, and the ref has been shite, but will take that first half.

Probably not, might have been pulled but he looked to have lost his footing more than anything. Ragdoll physics experts seem to reckon it was 100% a dive though even though it would have made no sense given he was outside of the box and would have been through on goal.

ALl this "everyone is against us" is tiresome.

IMO Sanches could've seen red.

But Merino should have a yellow and another referee could've given Lascellles penalty.

Woooooooood and it's 1-0 to Burnley.

Probably not, might have been pulled but he looked to have lost his footing more than anything. Ragdoll physics experts seem to reckon it was 100% a dive though even though it would have made no sense given he was outside of the box and would have been through on goal.

Probably not?

It was one of the worst dives I've ever seen from someone in a Newcastle United shirt.