Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Wolves centre midfield was Neves and Moutinho, our was Diame and Ki, Wolves had better players in those positions, far better in fact and their distribution to their wide players in Costa and Jota to break in behind Man City's full backs, was a million times better than ours trying to do the same against Chelsea.

And Wolves still only had 29% possession, did they care about that as they walked away with a point, did they fuck. They used the ball better than we did when they had it, simple as that, and they only scored from a set piece fwiw.

Wolves centre midfield was Neves and Moutinho, our was Diame and Ki, Wolves had better players in those positions, far better in fact and their distribution to their wide player in Costa and Jota to break in behind Man City's full backs, was a million times better than ours trying to do the same against Chelsea.

And Wolves still only had 29% possession, did they care about that as they walked away with a point, did they fuck. They used the ball better than we did when they had it, simple as that, and they only scored from a set piece fwiw.

The lack of quality in certain areas of the pitch is killing our passing game, and it's a direct result of signing cheaper players rather than spending on quality. Rafa must feel like he has one hand tied behind his back taking on quality opposition with players not worth a tenth in comparison. Even Mitro's goals at Fulham are probably coming a lot easier when they've spent £100million on putting quality players behind him.

Wolves centre midfield was Neves and Moutinho, our was Diame and Ki, Wolves had better players in those positions, far better in fact and their distribution to their wide player in Costa and Jota to break in behind Man City's full backs, was a million times better than ours trying to do the same against Chelsea.

The lack of quality in certain areas of the pitch is killing our passing game, and it's a direct result of signing cheaper players rather than spending on quality. Rafa must feel like he has one hand tied behind his back taking on quality opposition with players not worth a tenth in comparison. Even Mitro's goals at Fulham are probably coming a lot easier when they've spent £100million on putting quality players behind him.

Exactly and that's another thing being ignored, we've spent nowt on average players. Wolves, Fulham etc have spent money on better players (imo) a lot of money, yet we're getting stick for not playing like the fucking Harlem Globetrotters.

Can't wait until the televised game against Man City when the pundits all line up to complain about Rafa's negative tactics.

You can imagine my utter excitement at the thought.

Well it's away so dont watch it, costs you fuck all that way.

Can't wait until the televised game against Man City when the pundits all line up to complain about Rafa's negative tactics.

It's on BT, they usually don't. Didn't last season and had a go at Ashley for it, not Rafa.

Rightly so. Ki and Diame as a stating cm pair for NUFC in 2018 in the premiership is utterly tragic

It's on BT, they usually don't. Didn't last season and had a go at Ashley for it, not Rafa.

Rightly so. Ki and Diame as a stating cm pair for NUFC in 2018 in the premiership is utterly tragic

Diame was a beast in the second half of last season and probably one of the better performing midfielders in the league.

Who would you play there?

As much as his incessant moaning about Rafa annoys me too, I have to back tube up on this and suggest he was referring to Ashley only allowing us to have that midfield and not upgrading our options rather than Rafa's choice of pairing(He has no choice!)

As much as his incessant moaning about Rafa annoys me too, I have to back tube up on this and suggest he was referring to Ashley only allowing us to have that midfield and not upgrading our options rather than Rafa's choice of pairing(He has no choice!)

I'm on holiday so not that active atm but as much as I'm a fan Ki was fucking disgusting against Chelsea like. Absolutely fucking horrible.

Id play the two premier league qualify midfielders fitting of Newcastle United if it wasn't for the cunt in charge

Aye. I loved Rafa as much as anyone which is why it makes it hard to see him in this shit situation. With a proper owner there is nobody I would rather have as manage. Any comments I make about Rafa are all due to Ashley

By the way, this mighty Wolves team were torn apart by Man City and it should/could have easily have been 5 or 6 goals to City.  Wolves got lucky, don't try to twist the truth.

I'm on holiday so not that active atm but as much as I'm a fan Ki was fucking disgusting against Chelsea like. Absolutely fucking horrible.

:lol: What on earth?!

It's deja vu to after the game against Man City last season I think it was when we lost 1-0 at home, Neville and Carragher were bashing Rafa's negative tactics. Come the end of the season, they're all saying what a great job he had to done to finish 10th.

Bunch of gimps the lot of them.

By the way, this mighty Wolves team were torn apart by Man City and it should/could have easily have been 5 or 6 goals to City.  Wolves got lucky, don't try to twist the truth.

Wolves had their chances too they played well. They have better options than we have though.

Wolves have a style, we have a style. Both chosen based on our manager and our playing resources. Don’t get the argument about which is right, that’s not how football works. We know Rafa is a brilliant manager, he’s decided that he doesn’t have the players to open up against good teams... I don’t love it but I’m not going to criticise it.

:lol: What on earth?!

Ki was poor, he's a clear downgrade on Merino.

We couldn't really do much about losing Merino, that was his decision. As for Ki, I'm hoping that was just a case of getting used to how we play, it's obviously a lot different to how Swansea set up.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

They weren't like. They played well and got a draw.

City hit the woodwork three times and their keeper made at least one unreal save