Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

Or it was in the original and Marcas edited the Liverpool bit out. The 90mins article (crap site I know) is earlier than the Sky Sports bit.

Marca's the original source though...

Or it was in the original and Marcas edited the Liverpool bit out. The 90mins article (crap site I know) is earlier than the Sky Sports bit.

True but seems a strange thing to add in if wasn't said.

Guest firetotheworks

True but seems a strange thing to add in if wasn't said.

Definitely. It would be an strange thing to remove as well considering how much of an exclusive that would be. For my own sanity I'm going to choose to believe that it wasn't said and 90mins have added it.

Was reported yesterday morning but he was asked the question and didn't rule it out. Can hardly blame him. It's football after all, anything can happen.

It's a nothing story basically.

If you click on the Spanish translation of the Marca article it says this

Hablando de su futuro, la pregunta es tópica pero obligada: ¿Tiene como lejano horizonte la selección española?

Y siempre digo lo mismo con respeto: de momento no me lo planteo. Estoy contento aquí y tengo años de contrato. Depende de cómo evolucione mi carrera, iremos por un lado o por otro. Si aquí lo hacemos muy bien, igual se puede rematar la faena por estos lares; y si no, evidentemente, la selección puede ser un colofón. Hay que dejarlo ahí, y ver qué pasa en unos años. Y lo mismo en relación al Liverpool. Depende. Puede que siga aquí y no me mueva más.

Guest firetotheworks

Ah Christ yeah, it does. Well that's my Wednesday ruined.

Direct translation from that is:

And I always say the same with respect: for the moment I do not ask. I am happy here and I have years of contract. It depends on how my career evolves, we will go on one side or the other. If we do it here very well, we can even finish the work in these homes; and if not, obviously, the selection can be a colophon. You have to leave it there, and see what happens in a few years. And the same in relation to Liverpool. It depends. Maybe I'm still here and I'm not moving anymore.

And I always say the same with respect: for the moment I do not ask. I am happy here and I have years of contract. It depends on how my career evolves, we will go on one side or the other. If we do it here very well, we can even finish the work in these homes; and if not, obviously, the selection can be a colophon. You have to leave it there, and see what happens in a few years. And the same in relation to Liverpool. It depends. Maybe I'm still here and I'm not moving anymore.

Honestly there's nothing wrong with what he says there.

Honestly there's nothing wrong with what he says there.

He's basically been asked if he'd have the Spain job or back to Liverpool and that was his answer. Nowt to see here.

This is like that time you hear your gf on the phone talking to her friend and mentions in passing she’s thought about her ex (Liverpool) and having a 3some with Brad Pitt and Mandingo (Spain job). Either you get all upset about it or continue the 3some fantasy yourself in private, choice is yours really.

Probably biased, but who would want to leave managing a club with adoring fans and everything going well to go and manage a national team where you will be sacked unless win the euros or the world cup & have less time to spend with the players to get them playing the way you want.

Club football is what managers are most admired, famed and made legends for, not international football.