Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/09/17 (post-match from p25)

Rich

Poor performance. Not impressed with our quality going forward, we might nick points here and there like we have so far but it doesnt look like we will pose a threat to many sides in this league, only perhaps those with very weak defences.

Also wasn't inspired by the selection or the way the players performed compared with the past few games. Very dull.

Rafa's tactics just isn't working against these teams. He sets us to sit back and frustrate, but these small teams get a huge boost when they have all the possession and get the crowd behind them. Always going to concede and didn't look like scoring.

These kind of results are common with us.

Give the 3 previous games I'm not too bothered. It'd be ace to have been in the top 4 and get 4 wins on the trot, but this hasn't made me angry like the Huddersfield game did. I don't think our formation was the best to try and limit their wide players.

Still averaging 1.5 points per game this season, that'll do. Amazed we've got 9 given what we did this summer.

As for the game itself I thought there was nothing to split them really, draw would've been fair enough. Gives Rafa some things to ponder for Liverpool.

Long-term we have to be looking at introducing Shelvey for Hayden and thinking about a different combination up front.

Not good enough. Had chances, didn't take them, stupid mistake from Lascelles cost us a needless goal.

Thought Rafa made a really poor choice in keeping Perez on. He was having a poor second half, slowing everything down, and it totally allowed Brighton to sit deep and nullify Gayle without a focal point around him.

Joselu will get stick for the last 2 games but that's still too small a sample size to judge. He wasn't in the game enough is my biggest criticism.

Guest firetotheworks

Incredibly frustrating. Perez, Atsu and Joselu all pretty much worthless in that second half. Brighton just sat back knowing we had nothing. So frustrating considering Brighton quite obviously weren't that great and just let us show we had nothing.

Still averaging 1.5 points per game this season, that'll do. Amazed we've got 9 given what we did this summer.

As for the game itself I thought there was nothing to split them really, draw would've been fair enough. Gives Rafa some things to ponder for Liverpool.

Long-term we have to be looking at introducing Shelvey for Hayden and thinking about a different combination up front.

:thup: