Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 @ 15:00 - Pre match thread

Decky

It doesn’t matter if you are battling relegation, aiming for a mid table finish, or even fighting for the title, you have to view Crystal Palace at home as game you should be looking to win, especially when that same Palace team has only 1 win from their first 8 games.

Absolutely, geez this place, we should be targeting a win of course, just don't think a draw is really a bad result here. That's all, as usual, nothing to see here, but the drama ensues.

A draw isn't the worst result in the world as it isn't a must win game because of our league position and start to the season. But to say that you'd take a draw before a ball has been kicked at home against a team who have won one game all season is crazy. Especially after saying we should just write off 14 games of the season anyway

It's not drama, it's just you are needlessly negative afar. To the point that it comes across as if you feel even think remote positively thoughts then the team will see it and get over confident. :lol:

Fair point, but I'm not being negative about us here, I think we are doing great right now, my comment is based more on how well Palace played against Chelsea and how last season we struggled in these types of games. Like I said not trying to be negative about us more of a warning that Palace are better than their placing would appear.

I feel our play style requires the opposing team to be pressing and controlling the game for us to be effective. As we've seen with Brighton and Huddersfield we struggle when other teams try to out-Rafa us in lack of better description. This looked to be the case at Liverpool at times as well where Rafa would snatch a win against allegedly better teams, then go on to lose to an allegedly poorer team the game after.

We should win, but I won't go into N-O doomsday modus where everything needs to be criticized if we end up drawing or losing this one.

Watched their game against Chelsea - they played really well with Townsend and Zaha up front and deserved the win but Chelsea were shite and played into their hands by leaving way too much space for their counter-attacks - no way we'll be doing that so I fancy us to get a result.