Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 @ 15:00 - Pre match thread

Decky

Not sure why but I'm not fancy in us for this, think it might be a bit like last season when we're the favourites at home and the crowd get impatient when we're not two up after twenty minutes.

Very surprised at that tbh. Merino and Clark should surely have come back in. Clark especially considering Lejune struggled last week.

Lejeune did NOT struggle last week at all actually.

Good man management from Rafa playing Lejeune :thup: Might have been a bigger chance of Clark starting this if Lejeune didn't make that mistake. Also, Rafa probably knows Lejeune's ceiling when it comes to quality, dunno.

is Mbmeba dead?

Rafa talked about why he and mitro haven't made the bench recently. Basically, there are only so many slots on the bench and Clark is ahead of him for CB and they have a natural fullback in gamez, likewise Gayle offered something different. Dependent on the opposition he will use different players. Also essentially told them to suck it up and fight for their places.

... especially considering Lejune struggled last week.

🤔

I mean with Clark being our best defender, i expected him to be straight back in considering the penalty given away from Lejune.

Rafa isn't going to bench someone for making one mistake, especially when he was really solid aside from that.