Nicolai Jorgensen to stay at Feyenoord

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

We need someone we can rely on to put the ball in the net. We look like breaking our transfer record on someone hardly anyone has heard of? Talk about taking a punt. Really worried about this, going from the Dutch league mid season to the PL and hit the ground running is a massive ask unless you are a top player. Feyenoord are quoting 20€ simply because there’s PL interest.

I'm Danish and has followed Jørgensen for some years. Was a great talent when young and was sold to Leverkusen in Germany, got a few matches but never really got it going. Switched back to FC Copenhagen where he was great, at times probably the best striker in the Danish league. 51 goals in 137 matches for FC Copenhagen. He has played as offensive midfielder and as a winger for them as well.

In Feyenoord he's been playing as a striker. Had a very good 1st season for them, this season has been decent, been injured a couple of times and Feyenoord as club hasn't performed well either.

But I would say he's nowhere near worth €20m and i'm not convinced that he's the guy that can score goals for us.

Thanks for your input.  It looks very worrying to be honest.

Clearly someone they have scouted and followed for a while. I'd never heard of him but he sounds like the classic Rafa big lad who can hold the ball up a bit.

If it were any other manager I'd have my concerns but if he has anything about him at all Rafa will get it out of him.

I suspect we are looking at Joselu with an eye for a goal.

Christ.

Signing players with no real profile whatsoever to save our arses. Thanks Mike. You fat cunt.

No profile? He was top scorer in the Dutch League last season (3rd for assists too) as well as an established international.

Feels a risky transfer. Had never heard of the guy. Reminded me of Luuk De Jong when I saw some YouTube compilations. In fact some similar career feats as him, scored plenty in Dutch league, struggled in Germany.

He seems quite big and strong, maybe a bit more mobile and with goal threat that Mitro? Very hard to judge.

7 days of the window left, first bid knocked back but reportedly not a million miles away from what they want. Should wrap this one up pretty quickly then move onto the next one right. Right?

You are being sarcastic right? :lol:

I'm Danish and has followed Jørgensen for some years. Was a great talent when young and was sold to Leverkusen in Germany, got a few matches but never really got it going. Switched back to FC Copenhagen where he was great, at times probably the best striker in the Danish league. 51 goals in 137 matches for FC Copenhagen. He has played as offensive midfielder and as a winger for them as well.

In Feyenoord he's been playing as a striker. Had a very good 1st season for them, this season has been decent, been injured a couple of times and Feyenoord as club hasn't performed well either.

But I would say he's nowhere near worth €20m and i'm not convinced that he's the guy that can score goals for us.

Im Danish as well and have the same view on Jørgensen as Michael.

Normally i would be excited when Danes are linked with NUFC but in this case not so much.

I think he is good but not really (that) suited for the PL - he should rather go to Spain or Italy imo.

If he was signed as a 2nd or 3rd choice for less money it would be ok....but i do not see him as our saviour.

(we should sign Delaney who is a box to box CM from Werder Bremen)

7 days of the window left, first bid knocked back but reportedly not a million miles away from what they want. Should wrap this one up pretty quickly then move onto the next one right. Right?

You are being sarcastic right? [emoji38]

Yeah, just a wee bit.

More likely hear nothing now until 29th when we can't reach an agreement, need another meeting on 30th to reconfirm who the next target is, start preparing a bid and oh fuck the window has closed. Shit.

Here Rafa meet Mitro Akeksandarvich.