Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

12 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Pointless selling Dubravka and having the massive gap in quality between 1st and 2nd choice keepers again.

At the same time Dubs probably wont be content to sit on the bench after being our starting keeper for 5 seasons.

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Use him as bait for Maddison then swap Darlow for Krul. Upgrade as number 2 and he's also classed as an Academy product for when we're back in Europe. :tobey:

Missed the boat getting Fraser Forster back.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What's Jak Alnwick upto?

Actually saw him playing for St Mirren last season when I went to that Hibs game, still shite. No idea if he’s still there though. 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Pointless selling Dubravka and having the massive gap in quality between 1st and 2nd choice keepers again.

Having one of the best midfields in the league at the cost of Karl Darlow having to play a few games definitely isn't pointless, imo. I don't rate him obviously but he's hardly the worst backup goalie around, just a worse backup than an actual first choice goalie. 

37 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Having one of the best midfields in the league at the cost of Karl Darlow having to play a few games definitely isn't pointless, imo. I don't rate him obviously but he's hardly the worst backup goalie around, just a worse backup than an actual first choice goalie. 

I agree with your point that it's definitely not pointless, but I might just disagree with you that Darlow wouldn't be one worst back ups in the league. He's absolutely bloody awful IMO. 

I'd clear the decks of our goalkeepers from last season, then bring in a couple of young talents such as Toby Savin and hope one comes good. If need be get a serial 3rd choicer to bring experience.

Not really fussed in seeing dubs or darlow on the bench. Rather take ours chances on the future and if something bad happens to pope then you use the next window to bring in competition/more suitable cover.  

1 hour ago, TorchyTBB said:

Darlow would be fine on the bench, imo he's nowhere near as bad as some would have him.  Just like Dubravka imo is nowhere near as good as some would have him.

On balance of relative benefit to the team, I would certainly be happy to let Dubs go (expected him to chuck the dummy anyway, when we signed Pope) and have Darlow on the bench, if it swung the Maddison deal.