THIRDPLACE-O-METER

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TBF nothing will stoop lower than the Italian World Cup win. Jammiest string of games I've ever seen, with some of the worst "performances" from the champions. If VAR had been around, Australia would've knocked them out.

If England win, it'll come close to that World Cup winning run, eking over the line like a slow, fat, swindler who can't believe his luck. But somehow the Italians will always hold the title, for me, as the most undeserved champions ever.

;)

Well of-course the US didn't even qualify, so it would be the lowest grade possible.

:lol: Honestly you're 100 percent going to the Final and you won't have played a single decent game. It's absolutely fucking sickening. You're going to shitfest a World Cup and act like you were good. It'll ruin the sport.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

:lol:

TBF nothing will stoop lower than the Italian World Cup win. Jammiest string of games I've ever seen, with some of the worst "performances" from the champions. If VAR had been around, Australia would've knocked them out.

If England win, it'll come close to that World Cup winning run, eking over the line like a slow, fat, swindler who can't believe his luck. But somehow the Italians will always hold the title, for me, as the most undeserved champions ever.

;)

That was a clear penalty against Australia. They also beat Germany and hammered Ukraine in the quarters

I despised the way they played, typically defensive. Plus at the time I worked in a predominantly Italian-Canadian neighbourhood of Richmond Hill, where the daily fumes from hair-gel drove me insane. Football talk with those guys basically went "Italy's the best!"

I despised the way they played, typically defensive. Plus at the time I worked in a predominantly Italian-Canadian neighbourhood of Richmond Hill, where the daily fumes from hair-gel drove me insane. Football talk with those guys basically went "Italy's the best! Spaghetti is delicious! Mama mia!"

Very defensive indeed. Never been that big of a fan of the Italian sides.

I despised the way they played, typically defensive. Plus at the time I worked in a predominantly Italian-Canadian neighbourhood of Richmond Hill, where the daily fumes from hair-gel drove me insane. Football talk with those guys basically went "Italy's the best! Spaghetti is delicious! Mama mia!"

Very defensive indeed. Never been that big of a fan of the Italian sides.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Interesting Italian-based fact, the exact translation of Gattuso is 'cat like'

Maybe I just have a very nostalgic memory of 2006 (same for 98 tbh)  but I don't remember Italy being overly defensive in 2006 tbh.

They were great defensively obviously but I don't remember them being overly negative.

;)

That was a clear penalty against Australia. They also beat Germany and hammered Ukraine in the quarters

Indeed - sure, Grosso fell over Neill's legs, but the dumb shit shouldn't have had his leg out to fall over.

Lucas Neill - the man who undid a decade's worth of fine service in a second of lunacy. Cunt.

I'm at Citadel Festival on the day of the WC Final, was going to potentially either give the gig a miss or turn up late to catch the headliners which would be annoying as I'd miss Shame, The Horrors etc.

Anyway they sent a message out yesterday saying they are showing it on a big screen regardless of who is playing, which is class as that'll be a mint atmosphere especially if England are playing (apologies for the arrogance).

Still a few tickets left for it for anyone London based. Tame Impala, CHVRCHES etc.

I'm at Citadel Festival on the day of the WC Final, was going to potentially either give the gig a miss or turn up late to catch the headliners which would be annoying as I'd miss Shame, The Horrors etc.

Anyway they sent a message out yesterday saying they are showing it on a big screen regardless of who is playing, which is class as that'll be a mint atmosphere especially if England are playing (apologies for the arrogance).

Still a few tickets left for it for anyone London based. Tame Impala, CHVRCHES etc.

It's my half century day. Fucking dreading the Monday already ?

If England are in the final, everything else can fuck off. Unless you are a doctor performing heart surgery on a child, then I suppose it can be forgiven. Saying that, a couple of hours wouldn't hurt the little scamp.

Italy conceded 2 goals in 7 games at the 2006 World Cup. It was hardly jammy, Grosso penalty aside (no guarentee Australia would have won anyway).

That side would piss this World Cup.

Aye.

They beat very good German and France sides to win the tournament.

Arguably, Brazil had the easiest run in living memory in 2002.

Group:

Turkey (red card)

Costa Rica

China

Belgium (bang average)

England (jammy goal.. controlled performance but fairly tight against a decent side)

Turkey

Germany (a weaker Germany side at that)

If not for the cheating against S. Korea. Italy would've had a great chance at making that final in 2002.