Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

He really really wants to stay at the club you can tell playing like a championship at best player making sure no one is stupid enough to bid a greggs gift card for him. 

Let's be completely honest, Anderson was the much better player tonight out of both of them, by a country mile.

The right decision for Howe to make would have been to bring Willock on and take Longstaff off, that is as clear as day.

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

Very true. His mentality completely goes against what Howe is trying to do. Baffling he starts every game when we have Willock and Anderson back.

He's just too unsure of himself anytime the ball is near him. It's tragic.

Puts in a lot of effort and commitment, but at this point it's just not enough to mitigate what he provides when we are in possession. He was okay last season in this area, but has completely plummeted since then.

The worst thing is that I don't even think he's 'out of form' or 'lacking a bit of confidence' right now I just think this is his normal level of performance. What he's been producing for the last 4 months is what Sean Longstaff is capable of producing - this is him, this is his level of ability. I get that people want to maybe find excuses and explain his horrific performances but this is his normal average level, it's got nothing to do with form or confidence he's just desperately poor in many many areas and it's been highlighted. 

He needs a move a much a wee need to move him on. Lovely lad, works hard, absolutely fucking shit

2 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Let's be completely honest, Anderson was the much better player tonight out of both of them, by a country mile.

The right decision for Howe to make would have been to bring Willock on and take Longstaff off, that is as clear as day.

Anderson was absolutely gassed.

I can understand him staying on tonight. Maybe Howe didn’t think Anderson had 90 in him? 

As for all the other games he has started and then stayed on the whole match. Fuck knows.

He is consistently awful and whatever his injury is. It has made him pretty much redundant as a footballer. Almost feel sorry for him now. He shouldn’t be playing a full game every week. Injury crisis or not. 

I am starting to wish Steve Bruce stayed another year to finish this useless cunt at this club. The only thing he got right was his judgement of him. 

He’s limited in games with lots of quick transitions, mentally and technically not quick enough in these situations. In games which we apply sustained pressure and see lots of the ball he’s more than decent enough though.

But I’ll say it again, he’s been carrying an injury for ages now. It’s clear as day to me.

Was always happy with longstaff as a more than capable bench option this season, but the minutes he has played is just unprecedented. 

He needs a rest, and the way this season is going EH might as well just give him it now because I'm struggling to notice any positive contribution other than existing as a half fit body on the pitch.

Don't want to lay into him, sure he would admit the performances have fell off a cliff.

46 minutes ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Anderson was done, he’s barley played and he was blowing out of his arse.

Similar to Lascelles, Murphy , Miggy ,Krafty etc,where they can do a job when called upon but a run in the side quite quickly highlights the weaknesses in their game. In desperate need to upgrade the backup

Just now, Holloway said:

Similar to Lascelles, Murphy , Miggy ,Krafty etc,where they can do a job when called upon but a run in the side quite quickly highlights the weaknesses in their game. In desperate need to upgrade the backup

Thankfully we already have the upgrade, assuming that the FA doesn't come down hard on him.

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Thankfully we already have the upgrade, assuming that the FA doesn't come down hard on him.

Bruno, Tonali, Anderson/Willock/Big Joe has some potential.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I believe we do for him, but the others we will have to get a bit smart in the the windows and fucking sharpish, we can't be bringing on these relics in this competition

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Very true. His mentality completely goes against what Howe is trying to do. Baffling he starts every game when we have Willock and Anderson back.

Been resisting saying this for a long long time, but I can't stand him. I want him away.

tumblr_lqj8hz8CI81qfta5so1_250.gifv

1 hour ago, midds said:

The worst thing is that I don't even think he's 'out of form' or 'lacking a bit of confidence' right now I just think this is his normal level of performance. What he's been producing for the last 4 months is what Sean Longstaff is capable of producing - this is him, this is his level of ability. I get that people want to maybe find excuses and explain his horrific performances but this is his normal average level, it's got nothing to do with form or confidence he's just desperately poor in many many areas and it's been highlighted. 

He needs a move a much a wee need to move him on. Lovely lad, works hard, absolutely fucking shit

He looked good when he had 4 class players around him in Joelinton, Bruno, Trippier and Isak/Wilson. But when those players are out he is shown up as a bloke who just runs around 

He has nothing to offer really, he could potentially take a squad space to play league cup but that’s really it. 

Unfortunate because he’s a local lad who tries hard and cares, but shouldn’t be playing in the top half of the PL (or possibly in the PL at all). 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think he’s good enough to start for them. 

Yep. Started for us week in week out in a team that finished in the top 4 and was robbed from champions league progression, but not good enough for them 👍