Fabian Schär - Out for the remainder of the season with Hamstring injury (Howe)

Nice one. Must admit I was wrong about him, always thought he could only work in a system similar to Rafa's back 3/thought he was too defensively fragile to play in a back 4. Been great under Howe though, picking him up for a few million another Benitez masterstroke. 

17 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

How’s he so good looking?

Does anyone know what language he speaks being Swiss?

He is from a German speaking canton of Switzerland. Guessing like most Swiss he’s a demon at the old languages.

Good stuff, loved him and Lejeune since Rafa's spell, it's a shame they were both binned off for Clark.

If Howe feels he can coach something out of Longstaff, I'm happy to offer him a new deal, please bin Dummett off though.

I've said before that I think Schar could legitimately play in the back 4 of City, Liverpool and Chelsea because of his ability on the ball.

He'd struggle moreso in a poor side who are defending their box for much of the game.

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

To think that our former manager who was quite a decent centre-back himself, froze him out and Lejune, easily our two best centre-backs…

Just further evidence of how stuck in the past he is. Defenders shouldn’t pass a ball, they’re just there to head it and kick people.

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Just further evidence of how stuck in the past he is. Defenders shouldn’t pass a ball, they’re just there to head it and kick people.

Have I made this up out of thin air or wasn't Bruce quite a forward thinking defender for his time as well? That thought made his disdain for our ball-playing defenders even more baffling to me. Have I just been blinded by his goal scoring record?

Didn’t Howe say he tried getting him at Bournemouth when he was at Hoffenheim? Think that shows why judging his transfer record there is harsh because attracting players was always going to be hard and they were always going to have to overpay on gambles which weren’t always going to pay off. Still the fact he kept them in the Premier League for 5 years was immense.