Fabian Schär

The best value for money signing we've ever made and probably ever will make. I fucking love this handsome bastard - get you a center back who can do both, keep a turtle headed fuck in his back pocket and pull out an absolute worldy like it's nothing 

Difficult to find the words to describe that goal, it was simply one of the best ever imo. I was watching the game in France with a couple of very decent PSG fans so I'd mostly kept my emotions in check all night, but I hit the roof when that went in. Sensational. 

35 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

"On a day when Newcastle would have taken 1-0, here they are looking for number 5, with Phillipe Albeerrt... Oooh. Absolutely glorious"

"Schar was in there sharply as he has been all night. Here's Murphy. Schar's gonna shoot... OOH MY WORD..."

:lol: I get it but I think the days of iconic moments in commentary are over. All I can hope for these days is that they don't ruin the moment. Fletcher didn't, thankfully. 

Those four scorers were perfect. Told the lass early on that I'd love it if Almiron got our first CL goal. And of course the local lads joined in, before this generation's Philippe Albert goal from the practically perfect Schar.

He's unreal, honestly. 

Think Schar is the most talented player at the club, personally. He can execute all aspects of football. Can, dribble, shoot, ping a great pass, tackle, head well. Complete Swiss Army knife.

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Managed to show some incredible restraint to celebrate his goal without making a sound as the stepson had finally managed to fall asleep in the sofa :lol:

Was similar with my newborn son although I shouted for like a second! :lol:

During the third goal, I ran around the living room and was told by the wife, "Watch his head! Watch his head!" 

Edited by CPL

5 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Those four scorers were perfect. Told the lass early on that I'd love it if Almiron got our first CL goal. And of course the local lads joined in, before this generation's Philippe Albert goal from the practically perfect Schar.

He's unreal, honestly. 

Interesting first date gambit but hard agree.

Why does this magnificent Swiss bastad not have his own song?

Think the Phillipe Albert song has been mentioned a few times and fits perfectly. Like how did we shoehorn Yohan Cabaye into that chant but we’ve not done it for this guy :lol: 

9 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Difficult to find the words to describe that goal, it was simply one of the best ever imo. I was watching the game in France with a couple of very decent PSG fans so I'd mostly kept my emotions in check all night, but I hit the roof when that went in. Sensational. 

:lol: I get it but I think the days of iconic moments in commentary are over. All I can hope for these days is that they don't ruin the moment. Fletcher didn't, thankfully. 

As we know, Fletcher's big problem is that he gets massively overexcited about stuff that isn't really all that exciting and won't shut up even when nothing's really happening. All to the extent that it feels put on.

When the excitement matches what's actually happening on the pitch and there's loads going on, it works because it sounds proportionate. It might have been that he was just going through the motions, but last night everything was worthy of that level of hype he gave it and judging by the highlights it worked really well for once. 

42 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Think the Phillipe Albert song has been mentioned a few times and fits perfectly. Like how did we shoehorn Yohan Cabaye into that chant but we’ve not done it for this guy :lol: 

Fabian schar ma lord to kumbaya ma Lord

Just doesn't get sang enough

56 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Ahem

10 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

On repeat