Miguel Almirón

Deuce

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He's made 2 fairly innocuous posts in response across nearly 2 pages of abuse. The punishment hardly fits the crime, like. :lol: He's like the pantomime villain. Boo hiss Froggy.

Abuse? Someone made a joke remark about how they should be shitting themselves at Almiron's form. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Abuse? Someone made a joke remark about how they should be shitting themselves at Almiron's form. :lol:

:lol: there was more than that like.

I usually come in with a bit of playful banter and some people decide to get a little nasty and go on the offensive towards me and my club. I'm all for that like. :lol: but it never ends well for you boys. I'm usually giggling away as pages and pages come through about the Glazers. 

Make no mistake, I love the needle. I don't believe I've ever reported anyone for anything they've thrown at me and I would never want anyone warned or banned on the back of a bit of argy bargy.

#GGMU #GlazersOut #JustARichWeeClubInTheNorthEast

Edited by Froggy

25 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Froggy gets tagged and antagonised and then called out for daring to respond in kind. 

Nah mate, he was the one who took the low ground with the blood money jibe. If you go down that route then expect to be called out on it. That's not friendly rivalry any more.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He was called a troll, a wum and a cunt over about a page. He wasnt even posting in here, got tagged, said basically fuck all then he's the bad guy. His card's marked and all he does is a bit of inter club grilling. Seems ott to me, youd get it anywhere.

26 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He's made 2 fairly innocuous posts in response across nearly 2 pages of abuse. The punishment hardly fits the crime, like. :lol: He's like the pantomime villain. Boo hiss Froggy.

It's a back and forth. It isn't giving it back then suddenly changing to 'calling out' when it goes back the other way again.

'abuse' ffs :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Not gonna lie ... Miggy has had my blood boiling at certain points this season, but no one deserves this success he's having more.  He's been completely mismanaged the majority of his time at this club under that dufus Bruce. Finally though, his rehabilitation is fully taking place, following on from Joe's turnaround last season.

The key thing I've noticed about Miggy is that his greatest strength is probably his movement. He's always finding great areas to make runs into. I remember even way back when he joined and he was on the left with Ritchie, and Ritchie would never find his runs and it was infuriating.

The one guy in this team that is on his wavelength from a 'pass and move' standpoint is Bruno, who constantly gets him on the ball in very dangerous areas, often putting him on his stronger left foot, so he then doesn't need to try and adjust onto it as much. As long as Bruno is in the team with him I think he will continue to excel as he has recently.

Thrilled for him.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Nah mate, he was the one who took the low ground with the blood money jibe. If you go down that route then expect to be called out on it. That's not friendly rivalry any more.

I thought that was quite clearly a joke

I mean, what with Man-U having Saudi Telecom as a long standing commercial partner, it would be a ridiculous jibe if serious 

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I thought that was quite clearly a joke

I mean, what with Man-U having Saudi Telecom as a long standing commercial partner, it would be a ridiculous jibe if serious 

It was obviously a joke. Guy got tagged in an unrelated thread, had a bit of back and forth then people started crying about it FFS. 

On 09/10/2022 at 18:48, STM said:

Not entirely sure but by my calculations he has 9 goals in 16 games including friendlies.

Of course friendlies "don't count" but still impressive form.

It would have been ten but the passer (Eliot Anderson) took too many touches before playing Miggy in against Fulham. Had the ball been released faster, he'd have been onside and got a hat trick.

Miggy looks ungainly because he is so one-footed, but he's proving to be very effective. His pressing success rate, measured by us regaining possession within five seconds, not whether a player actually wins the ball himself, is higher than Bruno's. It may look like just "running around" but it is winning us the ball back.

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

It would have been ten but the passer (Eliot Anderson) took too many touches before playing Miggy in against Fulham. Had the ball been released faster, he'd have been onside and got a hat trick.

Miggy looks ungainly because he is so one-footed, but he's proving to be very effective. His pressing success rate, measured by us regaining possession within five seconds, not whether a player actually wins the ball himself, is higher than Bruno's. It may look like just "running around" but it is winning us the ball back.

Historically, his pressing has always looked like 'just running around', and often a bit like a headless chicken. He's not changed in this respect - what has changed is that the rest of the team are now pressing with him since Howe's implemented his style of play. Having one player press is counter-productive, but having the whole team pressing is a system that works and he looks great in it.

The one thing we know with Miggy is that even if his confidence drops he’ll always put in the same amount of effort and running. His attitude is a huge asset and there’ll be a place for him in the squad for years to come, especially now that he’s finding his form in an attacking sense, thanks to brilliant link-up play with the likes of Bruno