Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Newcastle United star Miguel Almiron sent home from international duty due to fitness issue

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-star-miguel-almiron-25542778

Newcastle United's man in form Miguel Almiron has been sent home from international duty due to 'muscle overload'. The Magpies forward was withdrawn after only 45 minutes in Paraguay's 1-0 loss to Peru on Thursday.

Paraguay failed to qualify for the World Cup but are taking part in a host of South American friendlies to see out 2022. Saturday sees Almiron's nation take on Colombia but the PFA Player of the Month won't play any part, along with a host of other big name players.

"In the case of Miguel Almiron, he is not part of the delegation due to muscle overload," Paraguay boss Guillermo Barros Schelotto said after the Peru defeat.

Newcastle players not taking part at the World Cup have been given a well-deserved break. Joe Willock and Matt Targett are currently in the United States, Joelinton is enjoying some down time in Italy, and Sven Botman is in Dubai.

Almiron has featured in every Newcastle game so far this season and will be glad to be able to spend some down time with his family, which he this month admitted was key for him.

"Spending time with your loved ones is always important," Almiron told Chronicle Live. "To be honest I'm pretty quiet and reserved really. I am not one for having big nights out or parties.

"I just enjoy spending time with my family. On a normal day after training we might take my son to play at the park or for a walk, we might go for a coffee. To me those moments are the really special ones in life and what I live for."

Almiron picked up another award on Thursday, landing the PFA Premier League Fans' Player of the Month for October. The forward already has eight goals to his name this term.

"I just enjoy spending time with my family. On a normal day after training we might take my son to play at the park or for a walk, we might go for a coffee. To me those moments are the really special ones in life and what I live for."

Living in the moment, in a state of gratitude. The guys got gold right there. No wonder he’s always smiling. Bless him.  :smitten:

On 18/11/2022 at 04:10, Miggys First Goal said:

Remember when all the mad cunts wanted him gone because they thought he was shit?

I’m one of them.   Couldn’t be happier for the lad - never faulted his work rate, just his output.

At this point I’m beginning to think Howe could have turned Fumaca into Jairzinho

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m one of them.   Couldn’t be happier for the lad - never faulted his work rate, just his output.

At this point I’m beginning to think Howe could have turned Fumaca into Jairzinho

Me also because he never assisted or scored.  Obviously buzzing he's playing well.

21 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

As am I.  Overjoyed to admit I was wrong.

Edited by Sima

About time!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/jack-grealish-england-manchester-city-b2237214.html

“I messaged Matt Targett because I’m close with him from Villa and I said to him ‘can you message him for me and say to him that I apologise, I obviously didn’t mean it’. When I look back on that, that was just one thing that was stupid of me to say it. I shouldn’t have said it. I didn’t realise it was going to go out. I didn’t realise it was a video to go out, I thought it was just private. But even in private I shouldn’t have said it because he’s a fellow professional. I’m actually buzzing for him, I’ve had a lot of stick off the Newcastle fans and rightly so. At the end of the day, they are backing their player which I fully understand. He seems like the most harmless, nice guy, so fair play, I’m buzzing for him.”

Targett merely responded ‘Jack, he’s a lovely kid and he’s harmless and doesn’t really speak a lot of English. He won’t really be bothered.’

Edited by Paully