Miguel Almirón

Deuce

10 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Fine with him doing that but when he misses a simple one with his right foot then questions need to be raised, suggest we flog him and allow an improvement taken on.

It seems worse with the chances seemingly being costly. I remember Joelinton, Willock and Longstaff missing easier chances and more often but we'd go on to win so missed chances played less on the mind.

Don't get too watch a lot of games at SJP due to living abroad, but i remember when i used to watch Ben Arfa week in and out, and fuck me Miggy is far from that level, was watching him in the stadium today and the way he moves and everything he does is terrible, bad movement, bad decision making, bad balls,  all he does is run a lot, even on a bright day like today replacing him is a priority and you have to question why it wasn't done in the summer.

Took the goal well enough but aside from that I thought he had one of his most one-footed, frustrating and irritating games.

He's definitely someone I'd want us to keep, and as we're missing Murph or another option his lack of quality is very obvious at times.

Can never knock his effort though and the goal was probably just enough reward for that.

Probably the most frustrating player to watch since Shola. I love his workrate and attitude, he grafts his bollocks off but all of that, and more, is cancelled out by his complete lack of ability in the final third. He has his moments and has scored some excellent and important goals but by christ he's got me kicking the sofa across the living room watching him fuck up attack after attack after attack. It's harsh I know

He's made a good impact being given a break and coming off the bench before regaining his starting spot in the past. I hope there's a chance to do the same if/when some wingers are available. 

Even if we get a new starter in the summer I don't see him leaving. He could still play a big part as a back up for another couple of years if he's happy to imo. Unless we get too good an offer to turn down for FFP reasons, anyway. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Should be cut some slack, like the rest of them, he’s ran himself into the ground the last few weeks. 

I would but he's played like this for the last 3 or 4 years. Don't get me wrong I appreciate his effort, he runs his bollocks off and works hard.......but that's not enough any more. When you're scrambling around trying to get 40 points a season it's admirable, when you're aiming for top 6 then it's just not good enough. His purple patch last October is very much the exception to the rule  

For a bit of balance to the argument... If you were Wilson / isak do you think you would be happy with Miggy on the wing?

Would you even bother busting a gut to get in front of your man when you know he will never cross the ball?

I was actually keen to see how him and Gordan would get on when they switched wings but it only lasted minutes 

He's very loveable, and very handy as a player, but it's clear a lot of people will only see what he is - and we are - missing when his top class replacement is finally on the pitch.

There are so many opportunities that come to nothing long before it's obvious we had a big chance because he's so far away from being able to do whatever is required e.g. a quick sprint and right footed cutback from the byline. Often these chances disappear because his teammates - accurately - guess there is no point in passing to him in the particular position he's currently occupying, so it isn't obvious when they don't materialise.

It's a bit like Pope and Dubravka or Gordon and Saint Maximin. It just makes you go 'oh'.

Never not going to love this lad. I probably forgive him too much as he’s just such a top lad to have around but he’s honestly one of my favourite players ever for us. I think for pound-to-pound ability + likeability he’s the highest up on my list of people I like, above Jonas in terms of being quite limited but it doesn’t stop me loving the lad 

Edited by gbandit