Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Knight Ryder's got a few words out of Bruce on Miggy: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-offers-depth-explanation-19162504

When asked about his decision to leave Almiron on the sidelines, Bruce told ChronicleLive: "You don't know how hard it has been for me to leave out Miguel Almiron.

"Seriously, you don't know how hard. I picked the team against West Ham and didn't start him and we win.

"Arguably, it was our best performance.

"I leave that team in place for the second game because I think that was only fair on those who played at West Ham.

"I was tempted in the third game and didn't go for him (Almiron started on the bench).

"Last week he'd been on international duty and didn't get back until Friday."

The Toon manager said: "Of all the people here, Miguel Almiron is probably my favourite because he trains every day, comes in and works so hard and is a manager's delight.

"To leave him out the team was a big call for me.

"But I had to pick a team that I thought could win a match.

"And obviously last week I didn't get it right."

This notion that an XI that achieves a good result automatically merits being the XI for the next match is so retarded I can’t get my head around it.

A professional manager in 2020 who genuinely says “worked last time, good for next” is mind boggling.

This notion that an XI that achieves a good result automatically merits being the XI for the next match is so retarded I can’t get my head around it.

A professional manager in 2020 who genuinely says “worked last time, good for next” is mind boggling.

It's because he doesn't believe in tactics, and what squad make up makes result is just black magic luck

Classic Alan Pardew

Was pretty impressed with his ability to play deeper as a cm in a 3. He may not get the G/A (nobody could in this team tbf), but he is very important for us and should be starting every game.

Be tempted to have him in the middle and ASM on the left.

Would be more effective but leaves Lewis more exposed.

Need to find a way to make it work though as he's far less effective through the middle.

Just don't play a diamond midfield like we have the last couple of games. We absolutely need to find a system that suits ASM - he can't play centrally in Bruceball.

Same back 5.

Longstaff - Hendrick

ASM                      Almiron

Wilson