Miguel Almirón

Deuce

He was a completely different player at Atlanta United, a #10 or Left Forward who was coached really really well by Tata Martino. Rafa then got a short period with him and turned him into this really effective left sided wide forward. Then Bruce.

I'm starting to wonder if he'd actually be our best centre midfielder if we put him alongside Hayden. I know it sounds crazy but he's better on the ball than Hendrick/Longstaff and presses the ball better than them. I know he's slight but size isn't helping any of our other midfielders.

I'm starting to wonder if he'd actually be our best centre midfielder if we put him alongside Hayden. I know it sounds crazy but he's better on the ball than Hendrick/Longstaff and presses the ball better than them. I know he's slight but size isn't helping any of our other midfielders.

Size is a myth. Sure it can help in certain circumstances but look at some of the top midfielders in the PL over the years, Paul Scholes, Luca Modric, David Silva, if never stopped them. I’m not saying Almiron has that sort of potential, but I think he’d do a better job than Longstaff for sure..

I like him. He is busy and always showing for the ball. I think he could try and take his man on now and then, though. Often seems to check back or inside. Sometimes just stops dead and kills the momentum. Not really many that can actually carry the ball or offer much in attack in this team. So perhaps unfairly, I’m expecting him to do it a bit more.

I like him. He is busy and always showing for the ball. I think he could try and take his man on now and then, though. Often seems to check back or inside. Sometimes just stops dead and kills the momentum. Not really many that can actually carry the ball or offer much in attack in this team. So perhaps unfairly, I’m expecting him to do it a bit more.

often its him being indecisive - but most of the time its down to the lack of quality and movement around him.

still beats standing stationary deep in your own half for ages, looking to make a hollywood pass.

He’s not really got a killer ball but his finishing is better than we’ve seen in a NUFC shirt. As a 10 with a ball player and a ball winner (both with the ability to move around the pitch) he’d be very very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he looked really poor when he came on yesterday, similar shortcomings to Ritchie when under pressure from what I could see in that he keeps his head down and doesn't look up for the pass. Once saw him get the ball on the outside edge of the area, and as soon as he received it, his head went down, drove forward aimlessly for 10 yards and put a cross in to absolutely no-one. Good off the ball, not so good on it. Reminding me of the old Ayoze, except he could hang on to it under pressure. Really wanted the lad to do well, Bruce's tactics notwithstanding, this is basic stuff for a PL player and his confidence looks shot.

He's not being used correctly, he plays for a manager who doesn't believe in him, in a non functioning team, low confidence. Should he do better? Yeah probably. Should he be written off? No. Especially not when you've seen how he can contribute. He's never gonna be one of the best players in the league, but let's not kid ourself that he ain't PL quality.

He's not being used correctly, he plays for a manager who doesn't believe in him, in a non functioning team, low confidence. Should he do better? Yeah probably. Should he be written off? No. Especially not when you've seen how he can contribute. He's never gonna be one of the best players in the league, but let's not kid ourself that he ain't PL quality.

I’m not sure he is though, he goal record is terrible, assist record non existent, only so long you can make excuses for the fella- Bruce obviously compounds the problem but he’s 27 next month and unfortunately not ever going to be good enough

If used correctly he can contribute a lot more than he does now, even if not scoring or assisting a lot. I think he's absolutely sick about playing under Bruce. Who can blame him.

Our team doesnt even function against league 2 sides.

If used correctly he can contribute a lot more than he does now, even if not scoring or assisting a lot. I think he's absolutely sick about playing under Bruce. Who can blame him.

Our team doesnt even function against league 2 sides.

Did v morcambe

Looks like he's massively going through the motions to me, tbh. His attitude and willingness to try things compared to the beginning of the season is like night and day.

Feels like he's been very passive since those comments from his agent. Can't say I can blame any attacking player being unmotivated in this team, regardless of whether they're 'good enough' or not.

I thought he looked miserable when he was waiting to come on yesterday. It could well be that he was concentrating etc. but for someone that usually plays with a smile, his demeanour was noticeably different.

IMO he should be a guaranteed starter. At a minimum he'll work harder than most on the pitch, with his presence immediately increasing the fluidity of our general play.

He’s ideal for a bottom 6 or 7 counter attacking team and would probably get games at a club like Palace who are  around 13th place. Don’t think he would get much of a look in at a Wolves or Everton for example never mind Atletico Madrid  :lol: