Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I wouldn't be looking to sell him even if we get an upgrade. He's currently our 2nd best wide man and still think he could do a job as a 10 if we go that way sometimes. Looked like he was starting to recapture the performance levels he had under Rafa and I dont think we've seen the best of yet 

Everyone on here knows my opinion of him but I agree its pretty pointless selling him now considering the fee we'd get would be tiny in the grand scheme of things. Back up No 10 for me to come on for last 20 mins or so if chasing the game. Should not be a starter except in league cup games.

That video is the exception, rather than the rule.

One goal and zero assists in the equivalent of 19.5 games last season.

Fraser is a better option on the right, for me, but it’s clear we need a signing there.

I’d also sell Miggy ahead of Murphy.

It's all well and good saying we need a squad but if we sign a right winger that's 5 players we'd have for the wide areas + we're after a striker who can play there too like Ekitike.

I'd say it would be very likely that a winger would then have to go from the squad - so probably one of Almiron or Murphy most realistically. 

I think Almiron is a better around player technically for sure but not sure he's much of an impact option off the bench at all. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

He's kinda in the Ruel Fox position for me. Happy to have him fill in for Gillespie/Ginola as and when but if someone offers the equivalent of 4.5million I'm taking it.

If Almiron had Fox’s end product, we’d still be a few seasons away from needing an upgrade yet.

Guest neesy111
1 hour ago, Beth said:

All part of Mike's finish every season 17th masterplan.

Gayle still has 2 years doesn't he?

6 hours ago, Rich said:

That video is the exception, rather than the rule.

One goal and zero assists in the equivalent of 19.5 games last season.

Fraser is a better option on the right, for me, but it’s clear we need a signing there.

I’d also sell Miggy ahead of Murphy.

9 times out of 10 that goal is wide or scuffed. Have to base the opinions of player over total body of work rather than a 30 second spell

20 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Gayle still has 2 years doesn't he?

Yes. Tbh I think he's a better option than Wood but for Bruce and Howe to ignore him means he must have an attitude problem.

Just now, Beth said:

Yes. Tbh I think he's a better option than Wood but for Bruce and Howe to ignore him means he must have an attitude problem.

Remember the "He's the saviour" comment he made when ASM was being interviewed [emoji38]

Never heard any coach or anyone accuse Gayle of being anything but a model professional and heard some footballer talking about him as a lovely bloke. The problem is he can't hold the ball up like Wood and equally like Wood can't hit a barn door. I used to assume it was differences in defenders in premier league to championship cloggers but even through on goal in premier league his shooting boots seem to desert him

15 minutes ago, Beth said:

Clueless. He's had nothing but praise from Howe and has been noted as the best trainer multiple times in NUFC TV videos from other players.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, I was expecting if nowt else that Gayle’s all round game wouldn’t be good enough at this level but he’d at least be clinical when he got handed good chances, but he’s missed some awful opportunities since we got promoted. 

It's probably because he is unable to get many chances he overthinks it when it does happen I guess as an explanation. 

57 minutes ago, Rich said:

Clueless. He's had nothing but praise from Howe and has been noted as the best trainer multiple times in NUFC TV videos from other players.

Yeah, but has Howe picked him once? Actions speak louder than words.

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

So he’s got a bad attitude?

No, you’re right there, would be daft to assume that. Either way though, Howe speaking nicely about him does not indicate that he rates him in any meaningful way- which might have been your point in the first place, to be fair

Definitely hasn’t got an attitude problem. 

Jamaal Lascelles revealed that Gayle was top of the “training leaderboard”, which tallies player performance across possession and small-sided games every month, with the winner receiving an award from Howe. If Gayle loses a single practice session “he's miserable”, the club captain insisted.

• 2 weeks later...