Miguel Almirón

Deuce

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's weird how he barely figured under Howe last season, and we are talking half a season. Yet this pre-season he has looked head and shoulders our best forward by a mile. He has to start against Forest unless we are making some significant signings in the next few weeks.

Maybe his performances were forgettable, because he started 9 times in the last 11 matches

We've got to know Miggy and what he has to offer. He took his goals well yesterday, but I'd need to see a bit more before revising my opinion of him. Certainly a good squad player at the moment, but I don't see him as a longer-term prospect.

28 minutes ago, buzza said:

He has been head and shoulders above the rest in preseason (seen two games) so far. He is a nailed on starter for the righ wing at the moment.

Agreed and that's regardless who else we sign. Can't drop him at the moment based on his current form - friendly or no friendly. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

What is the whole Grealish thing? Totally passed me by. 

Grealish got pissed off because Miggy asked him, who the fuck is Jack Grealish. 

Thought his second goal was a superb finish. To take it in his stride and put it exactly where it needed to go, was great tekkers.

We've seen players have barnstorming pre-seasons before and do nowt. Recall Damien Duff scoring about a million goals one year, and he was shit.

Optimistic about Miggy though.

Guest reefatoon

Would be great if he can turn it around like Joelinton and Krafth. Think there is some extra levels in quite a few players that can come out. Amazing what some proper training, belief and confidence can do with a player. Keep it up miggy lad.

Similar technique on the second goal to his goal against Crystal Palace with a lot less lift on the shot. Opened his body up and put some curl on it. Maybe he’s going to turn into our Robben

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Maybe his performances were forgettable, because he started 9 times in the last 11 matches

A lot of his fans have argued he's being played out of position, and his natural role is as a number 10. It might even be as simple as he's getting to understand how we play now and is growing into being a right sided forward in the way that Howe wants him to play it.

Maybe he's been learning English with Bruno's tutor, and that helps with the on-field communication?[emoji38] I was shocked when I found out how rusty his English was despite him having spent years in Atlanta and Newcastle. Even Bruno was dishing out interviews better than him!

47 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Thought his second goal was a superb finish. To take it in his stride and put it exactly where it needed to go, was great tekkers.

We've seen players have barnstorming pre-seasons before and do nowt. Recall Damien Duff scoring about a million goals one year, and he was shit.

Optimistic about Miggy though.

The 2022 Haris Vučkic

The two assists were both out of the top drawer btw. The first one needed the exact amount of power and direction to meet him and avoid the defenders; the second was delicate and precise. Miggy still had a lot to do, particularly with the second one, but the passes gave him every chance. Delightfully clinical.

Trippier is a ridiculously good footballer like. I'm slightly worried he might physically decline quickly in the coming years and it might cost us defensively - but his ability on the ball is lightyears ahead of what we've had for years.

My thoughts exactly, Sewelly. I'm nervous at the prospect of him getting burned by basically anyone with a bit of pace but on the ball he's a level above what we're used to seeing from players in that position. 

It’s kind of great that improving the RW is our biggest priority in the market yet it’s the position delivering the best in preseason. Goes to show there’s competition in the squad and underlines Howe’s ability to extract the maximum from average players.