Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Guest HTT II

Ideally we get rid of the 3 of them as neither are good enough. If we could get 25m + for the 3 of them that’s serious good money.

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Ideally we get rid of the 3 of them as neither are good enough. If we could get 25m + for the 3 of them that’s serious good money.

Agree. All 3 'ok' but not for where we want to be. Expect 2 out the 3 to stay in the squad next season but barely feature in the league.

At the top of my head, I can remember 3 one on one chance Murphy had this past season and he didn't score, Watford away in the last minute, Brighton home when Fraser knocked in the rebound and that Arsenal home one. But I'm pretty sure there were more.

Edited by nufcjb

To be fair, there are at least ten players in the squad I'd rather see go before him.

Only reason to sell him is that he's one of the few that might earn a fee. But for what - maybe £10m? He's a useful squad player and probably worth that much to us.

Someone to play in the cups and to bring on for the last 20 mins of games that you're just seeing out.

Edited by Abacus

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite players being forgotten about.

I'd have no issue putting my trust in him going into the next season. He was beginning to find himself [If not Wilson] towards the end of the season and would love to see him silence his critics.

I know we've seen him at his worst but you have to consider his situation. He came because Rafa wanted him, but only got 5 months of him. He was aging like a fine wine, taking into account it was his first season in the EPL. Then Rafa left and Bruce made Sangria.

I'm hoping we will sign a higher quality RW this summer, but more than happy to have Almiron as back-up and as part of the squad. 

His energy and pressing is unbelievable sometimes, can't see anyone above him in our squad in that respect. Very well suited to the style Howe is trying to move us towards. 

I like Miggy but if we get a proper first choice right winger and there's a market for him I'd let him go. Probably last chance to get a fee. 

I actually think Murphy, for all his faults, is probably a better tactical option off the bench for a season.

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I like Miggy but if we get a proper first choice right winger and there's a market for him I'd let him go. Probably last chance to get a fee. 

I actually think Murphy, for all his faults, is probably a better tactical option off the bench for a season.

If Murphy can get a bit of an end product he’d be a great squad filler.

29 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Won’t get much for Miggy so keep him as backup. Think he’ll be good next season. Even if not starting. Found his form lately. 

The reason we won't get much for him is exactly why we need him replaced tbh. But at least you know he'll run around for 90 mins so I guess if he's here for another season it's not a disaster.

We simply need atleast 2-3 players in each position if we want to move forward and upwards. We can't just be relying on our first 11. Any injury or suspension to the likes of Big Jo or Bruno, and we are fucked. Yes the backups we have in Willock, Shelvey, Murphy and Miggy aren't as good perhaps but until  we can add higher quality players, we can't be selling any decent players we currently have and I include Miggy as one. Maybe ina season or two, bigger names can be attracted but we must have atleast a decent and reliable 2nd 11 for the time being.

Edited by nufcjb

53 minutes ago, TRon said:

The reason we won't get much for him is exactly why we need him replaced tbh. But at least you know he'll run around for 90 mins so I guess if he's here for another season it's not a disaster.

i think we need 2 new wide players, and that’s without Miggy leaving. Much rather see Murphy leave. Also, Miggys stock has been super low for quite a while. He is better than he has showed under Bruce, even though not a world breaker by any means. He can be replaced next season. Ideally he’d be 4th choice along with Fraser. If we could get decent money for him then I’d sell, but we won’t. We also won’t be signing too many players either. 

with one of these two wide players being able to cover for Wilson centrally. 

Edited by Ikon

Honestly, if someone offers reasonable fee would be happy to see him get a chance elsewhere, if we can't shift him he will be handy positive squad presence and some pace off the bench if need be. Either way fine with.