Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Nah. I for one didn't think it was related at all. If this goes through, it will go through but the timing of the leak was not because to get signings. Good thing too. I wouldn't want the fat kebab eating monster spending my money in a limited time frame. Sack him before the summer and give the money to someone I appoint myself.

Speaking of Caulkin. He makes out as though he doesn’t know much, and I guess that is the truth somewhat.

I do though know that he’s been in some sort of continued contact with Staveley. I think he would have know that Staveley was coming back in for us at some point. He may not know the details of the current discussions, but If fairly sure Caulkin will be first in line to get the inside story, no matter how this plans out.

Caulkin has kept mostly quiet for good reason. When he did finally comment, he agreed the bid was genuine, but quite rightly concluded that the sale depended on what the fat bastard wants to do. If we haven't been sold during the last decade, it's because Ashley will always keep changing the price depending on who the buyer is. If someone meets the price, then he'll bung in some unreasonable conditions.

Knowing his form, I would never be too optimistic of him selling up. I'm actually amazed any potential buyers are still interested. Supposedly.

Speaking of Caulkin. He makes out as though he doesn’t know much, and I guess that is the truth somewhat.

I do though know that he’s been in some sort of continued contact with Staveley. I think he would have know that Staveley was coming back in for us at some point. He may not know the details of the current discussions, but If fairly sure Caulkin will be first in line to get the inside story, no matter how this plans out.

Caulkin has kept mostly quiet for good reason. When he did finally comment, he agreed the bid was genuine, but quite rightly concluded that the sale depended on what the fat b****** wants to do. If we haven't been sold during the last decade, it's because Ashley will always keep changing the price depending on who the buyer is. If someone meets the price, then he'll bung in some unreasonable conditions.

Knowing his form, I would never be too optimistic of him selling up. I'm actually amazed any potential buyers are still interested. Supposedly.

Can only assume buyers are assuming the PL bubble ain't gonna burst anytime soon, perhaps the Amazon thing will be a game changer in the rights selling stakes.

Obvs that doesn't apply if it is the Saudi state wanting a bit sportswash but I'm not 100% convinced that's the case myself.

I wouldn’t say I’m confident of this happening but these things don’t happen overnight.

After the initial story being released last week, it’s very unlikely that everything would have been done and dusted by now.

I’d bet there’s now been extra efforts made to keep this from the public eye, which is why there’s been no new information.

We’re not going to get a step by step walkthrough of each stage. The next thing we’ll hear is that it’s done (:lol:), or that’s its off .

Caulkin has kept mostly quiet for good reason. When he did finally comment, he agreed the bid was genuine, but quite rightly concluded that the sale depended on what the fat bastard wants to do. If we haven't been sold during the last decade, it's because Ashley will always keep changing the price depending on who the buyer is. If someone meets the price, then he'll bung in some unreasonable conditions.

It begs the question, if Ashley never wanted to sell and messed Staveley around first time, why is she apparently coming back for more of the same?

What bothers me is that, as with last time, this seems to be a group of investors who Staveley is getting together for the express purpose of buying the club. That doesn't bode well for decision-making about meeting all the terms of a sale, or in the area of putting money into the club later on if the sale succeeds.

It begs the question, if Ashley never wanted to sell and messed Staveley around first time, why is she apparently coming back for more of the same?

What bothers me is that, as with last time, this seems to be a group of investors who Staveley is getting together for the express purpose of buying the club. That doesn't bode well for decision-making about meeting all the terms of a sale, or in the area of putting money into the club later on if the sale succeeds.

Stavely obviously wants to do a deal. Last time there wasn't supposedly enough money with the BZG lot or whatever they were called, this time she's come back with new investors with deeper pockets. At least that's what we are being told. Of course Ashley has always kept insisting that it's him who is always getting messed around. Maybe he's just been unlucky for the last 10 years where every buyer turns out to be a chancer. Including the ones who went on to buy Man City.