Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I feel sorry for the lads who thought this could happen in the first place. Honestly lads if yous fall for this s*** again in the summer you deserve the disappointment.

We've got a lot of scope for expansion mind you Decky.

The Chinese still haven't been used. Americans only referenced in passing so they could be resurrected. Venezuela have a lot of money and we could play the "didn't want to sell to Communists" angle.

The world is our oyster.

Looking forward to 2052 when our takeover by a consortium from Madagascar falls through.

I feel sorry for the lads who thought this could happen in the first place. Honestly lads if yous fall for this s*** again in the summer you deserve the disappointment.

We've got a lot of scope for expansion mind you Decky.

The Chinese still haven't been used. Americans only referenced in passing so they could be resurrected. Venezuela have a lot of money and we could play the "didn't want to sell to Communists" angle.

The world is our oyster.

Looking forward to 2052 when our takeover by a consortium from Madagascar falls through.

But Mike said we had an agreement..

AoC0WlPqBCPOLJeyjTKRip6sn3Vfbws_7-8e2YTJhlI9jdmO-q38pZHtjEBmg5MGyDxU198u8flqsgAh8b0Jccn9HHemH66ImLEOeP3-ogUODq0RKhtgqy63MCaS_aRSEqGOFji2lO1fKs-my2O0jci_fG-HO-ft

Its a classic misdirection strategy to get the fans talking about a possible take over, rather than discussing the actual plight of the team and how gash it is.

Ashley and his media nobs can only play this so many times.  :lol:

This sounds like pure, unadulterated bullshit to me.

Why is "interest" in quotes as if it's not real interest for starters.  :lol:

Next...other interested parties also confirmed. Righto. It's like bullshit bingo.

Next...other interested parties also confirmed. Righto. It's like bullshit bingo.

I like Pete. Weather you want to believe it or not he provided information no need to slag him off.

In many ways Ashely made lots of sad stuff but turning us on each other is top of the list.

Maybe I'm horribly out of touch having not set foot in SJP for years, but is there really a sizeable group of people who have kept going through all the crap of the last decade but are only just now thinking of jacking it in, but could be convinced to keep going by a bit of takeover speculation, again and again?

I like Pete. Weather you want to believe it or not he provided information no need to slag him off.

In many ways Ashely made lots of sad stuff but turning us on each other is top of the list.

I used to go to school with Pete, can't remember a thing about him, although he was a couple of years younger. He'd no doubt say the same about me but he probably fancied my sister

Maybe I'm horribly out of touch having not set foot in SJP for years, but is there really a sizeable group of people who have kept going through all the crap of the last decade but are only just now thinking of jacking it in, but could be convinced to keep going by a bit of takeover speculation, again and again?

Nah, nobody is in that camp, in my opinion. The people who still go are the people who have been going forever and simply don't want to let Ashley "win" by him forcing them away. The anger directed at them by other fans is entirely justified.

I do not for one second believe that Ashley is bothered about these takeover rumours, nor do I think he instigates them. I think a lot of them are genuine, I just think that he has his price and is unwilling to budge. In the same way that Rafa thought he was the man to change Ashley's attitude towards the running of the club, each takeover group think they're the group that can make him crack. I don't even think he acts like an arsehole during negotiations, he just simply will not budge as he does not give a shit whether or not he owns the club. Why would he when it's as easy as this?

His price is £10m more than whatever anyone offers.

The flaw in this very simple argument so many like to put forward is this:

Word gets around, and if that is what has happened repeatedly, for over 10 years, then there must be a huge queue of insanely gullible billionaires out there. Which there isn't. Ashley isn't that clever. They would all know he has no interest in selling. He is however clever enough to plant a few silly stories in the press and have people believe his shit (see:BZG).

Word gets around, and if that is what has happened repeatedly, for over 10 years, then there must be a huge queue of insanely gullible billionaires out there. Which there isn't. Ashley isn't that clever. They would all know he has no interest in selling. He is however clever enough to plant a few silly stories in the press and have people believe his shit (see:BZG).

At the same time if there is no takeover discussion going on behind the scenes, why not just come out and deny it? What would they gain, or what have they gained by being in cahoots with Ashley to pump out a load of rubbish?

It’s only been created for the boxing match they are hosting.

I don’t really care what it’s for but If it was for boxing surely they’d have made it for the AJ Ruiz fight they sponsored

I don’t really care what it’s for but If it was for boxing surely they’d have made it for the AJ Ruiz fight they sponsored

They have also invested a in few UK groups this week.

I think it will be more of a case of having so they have a visible presence in the western world and the media.

Just like the planes, people are trying to put cubes in the triangle shaped holes.

They have also invested a in few UK groups this week.

I think it will be more of a case of having so they have a visible presence in the western world and the media.

Just like the planes, people are trying to put cubes in the triangle shaped holes.

Well the rumoured purchase of NUFC has certainly helped create a visible presence.

it's clearly not as simple as the above because every bid will be different, the price likely different depending when the bid is made, and the conditions he's asking for will likely change based on the nature of the bids

he's not been leaking false stories for 10 years man