Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Overtaken by 3 clubs who were in similar positions to us before Ashley took over.

One being Man City, who’s success we could’ve enjoyed had the fat leech not took the p*ss with their owners.

Another one being Tottenham, who have have been ran shrewdly and had relative success over the last 12 years. If Ashley had done it this way he would’ve made much more money out of us than he ever will at the moment.

The other team being Everton, who didn’t have a pot to p*ss in for the most part but have always been mid table or higher.

Not sure what door NUFC fans are banging on other than the box office to renew their season ticket. More of the same please, Mike.

Don't need fans. All you need is an audience. They're wallpapering the place FFS.

I fear that. Its contradicts itself in essence but I know you mean paying fans and isn't that the reason for the fakeover in the first place? What other reason was there to do it twice this year other than that? He is sociopathic and the only other alternative is he's a full-blown sicko in this regard. There was no need for good PR. He's already acquired that from enough areas.

The Chronicle and Simon Bird peddling the "better the devil you know" line in regards to Ashley.  :rolleyes:

The general idea of what they're saying isn't terrible. If Ashley is going to spend 80 some odd million each summer and we can build the team that way like they seem to be implying, fine. The issue is that we all know that Mike Ashley lives in a house of lies and won't do that and there is nothing to suggest that he has changed.

The Chronicle and Simon Bird peddling the "better the devil you know" line in regards to Ashley.  :rolleyes:

The general idea of what they're saying is terrible. Ashley isn’t going to spend 80 some odd million each summer and we can’t build the team. The issue is that we all know that Mike Ashley lives.

Corrected for you 🤔

Guest godzilla

12 years of Ashley and his total fuck up of the club including two relegation's and the local press spouting 'better the devil you know'. Fucking idotic clueless cunts they must be on the payroll. Which cunt from the Chronicle said that?

The general idea of what they're saying is terrible. Ashley isn’t going to spend 80 some odd million each summer and we can’t build the team. The issue is that we all know that Mike Ashley lives.

Corrected for you 🤔

Appreciate it. That feels more right.

80m is fuck all. We almost spent that last summer and have a worse squad.

Besides which, a few more months of Brucey ball and the players will have forgotten Rafas drills. We will be in the champo soon.

He hires a buffoon. Gives him loads of money to spend. Buffoon gets the club relegated. Hires a brilliant manager. Complains that he can’t afford not compete with big clubs. Brilliant manager gets fed up with no financial support so quits. He then hires another buffoon and gives him loads of money.

What is his thought process?

He hires a buffoon. Gives him loads of money to spend. Buffoon gets the club relegated. Hires a brilliant manager. Complains that he can’t afford not compete with big clubs. Brilliant manager gets fed up with no financial support so quits. He then hires another buffoon and gives him loads of money.

What is his thought process?

Ego mainly imo. Rafa challenged his strategy with the club's progression at the forefront of his thinking - Ashley & Co didn't take to it too kindly, deemed him hard to work with, and ultimately washed their hands with him at any cost.

Got a feeling we will get sold this time, no I haven’t been drinking (yet!).....the next 10 years is going to see an inordinate increase in returns from being part of the EPL (if reports are anything to go by) and I don’t think MA has the will to invest to get those returns as Tat Direct is his main focus and the promotion of such at his minimal cost

Looking at our current, not fit for purpose, squad it’s going to take a huge investment to bring it up to standard and over the next few years this is only going to cost more to even secure 17th each year

Also, assuming that one of the promoted sides every couple of years gives it a push to establish themselves then it will be even harder for us to survive under the current operating model....Sheffield United this year along with what I think will be the establishment of Leicester as a bit of a powerhouse will only see it harder to avoid the drop each year....Leeds, WBA et al over the future years will all want to be at the big boys table and will pay (invest) to be there

SDFC can’t survive employing inept managers and playing the risk game on player acquisitions and the bloke at the top won’t change....leopards anyone!....so he has to employ the top guys and his ego wont let this happen

Fat Lad wants the returns but won’t pay the going rate and I can only see two outcomes....he goes (soon) and lines his pockets best he can....or the thing formerly known as Newcastle United FC descends into oblivion, he no longer gets the exposure and he flogs us off to some other “barrow boy” after asset stripping as much as he can and the cycle continues

Maybe I should stop listening to my heart 🥺.    :idiot2: