Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

14 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Revenge for what, Ashley's Sports Direct wiped the floor with JJB

JJB went into administration and Sports Direct picked up a number of their former shops. Ashley won a long time ago.

Whelan, above, reasserting his view that there is "no chance" of Wigan's manager, Steve Bruce, taking charge at St James' Park while Ashley is the owner there, said: "I don't think you will ever get Steve going to a club that is run the way Mike Ashley runs it. Ashley has no class whatsoever. The minute he arrived there and turned up in the boardroom in a replica shirt and jeans and pair of trainers, the club was gone.“

Dave Whelan - FA Cup finalist, entrepreneur, soothsayer 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/25/wigan-jjb-stadium-dave-whelan

Edited by TheBrownBottle

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Whelan, above, reasserting his view that there is "no chance" of Wigan's manager, Steve Bruce, taking charge at St James' Park while Ashley is the owner there, said: "I don't think you will ever get Steve going to a club that is run the way Mike Ashley runs it. Ashley has no class whatsoever. The minute he arrived there and turned up in the boardroom in a replica shirt and jeans and pair of trainers, the club was gone.“

Dave Whelan - FA Cup finalist, entrepreneur, soothsayer 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/25/wigan-jjb-stadium-dave-whelan

Fake quote. His sign off doesn't include anything about his broken leg.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Fucking cunt has bought nearly 20% of AO.

Just a heads up for those who still want to avoid his stores.

Was looking at the Fender stuff on twitter linked on here and saw his name was trending.

Not on twitter so couldn't follow up and had a nice few hours hoping it was something to do with jail or at least chronic gout

Edited by Wolfcastle

In football terms he's quite happy to skim the top as a passive income with minimal involvement. That requires you to keep the club at a lull. Based on Wigan's potential you'd argue that's probably around the bottom half of the Championship.

5 hours ago, Viana said:

In football terms he's quite happy to skim the top as a passive income with minimal involvement. That requires you to keep the club at a lull. Based on Wigan's potential you'd argue that's probably around the bottom half of the Championship.

With crowds of 6000 I'd say division one 

I must admit, now that he's no longer our owner and the fact he did probably the worst deal for a football club in history, I'm not to bothered about him.

Haha £300 million man, what a fuckin grift