Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If he's about to sell Roma for $872M, he at least have the money to buy Newcastle for £350M (or even more) and still have money left to take the club forward.

If it's being reported he's selling Roma for $872m, Mike Ashley's asking price for Newcastle will be at least $872m.

$873m

The former Roma captain Francesco Totti left his position within the club’s management on Monday in a move that will increase fan opposition to the team’s American owner, James Pallotta. While he has been a technical director since retiring from playing two years ago, Totti said he was left out of decisions about the hiring and firing of coaches and moves in the player transfer market.

“I never had the chance to express myself. They never involved me,” Totti said in a news conference at the Italian Olympic Committee. “The first year that can happen but by the second [year] I understood what they wanted to do … They knew of my desire to offer a lot to this squad but they never wanted it. They kept me out of everything. It’s a day that I hoped never would have come.”

“For eight years here, since the Americans came, they’ve done everything they could to sweep us aside,” Totti said. Pallotta runs the club from Boston and has not been to Rome in more than a year, and Totti said that was problematic. “When the boss isn’t around everyone does whatever they feel like,” Totti said. “That’s the case anywhere.”

Eh no thanks. Sounds a little familiar 🙄

Just had a scan through some Roma forums. They seem critical of him though, not disdainful in the way we are with Ashley. They are unhappy at the stadium not being built, though as far as I can tell Italian beauracracy and red tape have been blamed at least partially. When linked with us the only comment was he can modernise the club

Still better than Ashley.

Quite a bit better tbf. I mean he previously tried to hire Rafa for one thing, and as far as I can tell the effort to build a new stadium was a serious one. Not to mention you can see some interviews on yt, he seems more open and less slippery than Ashley.

Still better than Ashley.

Quite a bit better tbf. I mean he previously tried to hire Rafa for one thing, and as far as I can tell the effort to build a new stadium was a serious one. Not to mention you can see some interviews on yt, he seems more open and less slippery than Ashley.

Aye. If he is the kind to stay away, hiring Rafa is the perfect choice. Stark difference between him and Ashley.

Its funny, but I'd just started thinking that the takeover rumours had gone quiet (despite the transfer window being open), and that maybe/hopefully things were happening behind the scenes and not being played out in the press this time.

Then we had the Mexican story appearing (that turned out to be old), but now this new rumour.

Business as usual then, and probably nowt to see.

Of course, if this Roma owner is as bad as some fear, this will be the one that happens!