Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Both The Mirror and The Mail are going with, "Steve Bruce to be given 200m warchest".

He might keep us up next season after all.

:lol: imagine chasing ashley down for 3 years, finally get the deal done and have a 350 page document on your plans for the club and city

page 1 point 1: give steve fucking bruce £200m to spend on players

Given the difficult context, Bruce has done a decent job this season and deserves respect and a chance to confound the doubters.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/19/newcastle-united-seven-priorities-for-the-potential-new-owners

It's such a lazy argument, never mind the fact he hasn't done a decent job.

Simple question: Is Steve Bruce the man to lead the club going forward - can you see him re-inventing the team and challenging for titles etc.

The answer is clearly no. So get rid. Don't "give him a chance". He's not "earned it". Just tell him to fuck off. Every second he remains in the job is time we spend regressing and not making the progress we require.

I literally don't know if there's a word in the English language less suited to describe Steve Bruce than 'deserving'.

You could have perhaps made the argument pre-Sunderland, at which point he'd had a reasonable enough career as a manager and might have proven himself at a big club... but given his failure there, given he'd turned us down once/twice before then, and given the fact he went to Sunderland, he should never have been anywhere near our job since then.

And what's he done since he got here? A few wins, several desperate defeats, relentlessly bad football and total reliance on one player. Meanwhile he's gratefully facilitated the continuation of (/a return to) Ashley's policies which has seen us lose out commercially, with 10,000 tickets end up going for free.

The bloke stinks. He did nothing to deserve coming here and he's done nothing to deserve to stay. I literally can't see any compelling argument for the opposite. I suppose you could say, he took the job when no one else would which, by default, prevented us from going down and therefore retain the interest from the new owners. But is that justification enough to keep him? Barely. Maybe to see it through to the end of the season, but then what would be the point? You could stick Jamie Sterry in charge at this point, we still wouldn't go down.

I literally don't know if there's a word in the English language less suited to describe Steve Bruce than 'deserving'.

You could have perhaps made the argument pre-Sunderland, at which point he'd had a reasonable enough career as a manager and might have proven himself at a big club... but given his failure there, given he'd turned us down once/twice before then, and given the fact he went to Sunderland, he should never have been anywhere near our job since then.

And what's he done since he got here? A few wins, several desperate defeats, relentlessly bad football and total reliance on one player. Meanwhile he's gratefully facilitated the continuation of (/a return to) Ashley's policies which has seen us lose out commercially, with 10,000 tickets end up going for free.

The bloke stinks. He did nothing to deserve coming here and he's done nothing to deserve to stay. I literally can't see any compelling argument for the opposite. I suppose you could say, he took the job when no one else would which, by default, prevented us from going down and therefore retain the interest from the new owners. But is that justification enough to keep him? Barely. Maybe to see it through to the end of the season, but then what would be the point? You could stick Jamie Sterry in charge at this point, we still wouldn't go down.

I want this buffoon gone asap - the amount of misery this bloke has caused me during this season has been immense - seeing his fat pighead in the dugout has made me visibly sick at times

To all those who think we're safe from relegation, consider this. Most of the other teams will be taking measures to make sure the players stay fit. They are probably doing regular calls and skypes with the lads and will have them keeping an exercise diary. Meanwhile, our owners and f***ed off and Steve's tucking into the dry biscuits.

It's win-win for him, he'll get a pay-off and some sympathy either way.  Which is about the best case scenario for a serial loser like Bruce.

If kept on for a while then the support he'll get from his mates in the press will be nauseating and when he's inevitably binned off for being shit it'll be "poor Steve".  If binned off immediately, there'll be sympathy, a pay-off and conveniently avoiding the situation going to absolute shit so he can always say he was doing a good job.

He's already at a far bigger club than his work merits, the question of whether he deserves the job could have been asked and answered at the time of his appointment but generally wasn't as it made perfect sense as a Mike Ashley appointment and Bruce has a favourable relationship with some journalists.

There's absolutely no question now of whether this below average, behind the times manager deserves a job at a PL club with ambition.  He doesn't.

It is win-win for him. He’s done ok. We’re not relegated. It was only going to get worse for him season on season if Ashley was still owner.

This way he can peddle the line, “we’ll see what happens, they might want to bring their own people in”

Leaves with his reputation enhanced* , gets a pay off and then ends up at Sunderland in 2/3 years from now when they get into the Championship.

Everyone is happy.

To be honest, as much as I dislike him as a manager and don't want him here any longer than necessary, I can kinda understand them letting him finish this season however it finishes.

The players will be used to him, and to bring someone new in now with new ideas, may not be the best thing.

Then we end the season as best we can, and then they can let him go and bring their own man in for the next chapter.

But Steve Bruce guiding us to Europe. like Ever??? :spit:

Sky reporting he'll be given to the end of the season to prove he is the right man to guide Newcastle to Europe  :yao: :scared:

Wouldn't be concerned, he knows he is a dead man walking and likely so does everyone else. Inevitable that he will be replaced at the first opportunity.

Depends on when the season continues imo.

If the season has kicked back off/is kicking back off by the time the sale is complete, let him have the rest of the season.

If it completes before the season restarts and their chosen man is available, would you not essentially be giving him a mini pre-season to work with the team by getting him in ASAP?

Let's face it, there's not much left of the season, I think Steve will be left in charge to wipe the arse of what's left of it, and we'll get a fresh start with a new manager as soon as it's done. For all we know, the chosen one might still have commitments elsewhere, e.g. Rafa.

Let's face it, there's not much left of the season, I think Steve will be left in charge to wipe the arse of what's left of it, and we'll get a fresh start with a new manager as soon as it's done. For all we know, the chosen one might still have commitments elsewhere, e.g. Rafa.

will the season officially end before the transfer window opens (I appreciate you don't know the answer to this). Just I don't mind letting him see the season out when he can affectively change nothing and do nothing to affect the next/coming season, but 1. if the manager is able to come now/when needed and 2. the window opens while the end of season plays out I don't want Bruce anywhere near the "new" club.