Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Genuinely thought he might fluke a decent start (Pardew-style) on the back of Rafa's tactics already being deeply-instilled in the players, but up to now it appears he's almost majestically managed to dismantle all of the foundations we had in place within a matter of weeks. Pretty impressive how bad he made us look today to be honest. At times it was almost impossible to tell where some of our players were playing - was Almiron up front or in midfield? Was Hayden in midfield or on the right wing? Was Ki on the pitch or back home in Korea? Was Joelinton actually Rivierre with a bit of bleach on his head?

The players have to look at themselves a bit as well mind because they looked more than a yard off the pace and at times I felt there was an apparent lack of effort. But again, it all circles back to fat head. They already know that all the blame is going to be directed at his ineptitude so they can play at 50% and avoid all the flak. It'll take either a miracle or some very bad competition for this team not to finish rock bottom.

Tsunami[/member] I agree that Ashley is the problem but he's difficult to get at. Bruce is much easier. Pile the pressure on him. If it affects him and his ability to do the job, great. If he walks, great.

It already seems that few people wanted the job so the more toxic the position is made, the bigger a headache it becomes for Ashley.

The more hapless the replacements are, the further we fall.

That's how we get to Ashley.

Genuinely thought he might fluke a decent start (Pardew-style) on the back of Rafa's tactics already being deeply-instilled in the players, but up to now it appears he's almost majestically managed to dismantle all of the foundations we had in place within a matter of weeks. Pretty impressive how bad he made us look today to be honest. At times it was almost impossible to tell where some of our players were playing - was Almiron up front or in midfield? Was Hayden in midfield or on the right wing? Was Ki on the pitch or back home in Korea? Was Joelinton actually Rivierre with a bit of bleach on his head?

The players have to look at themselves a bit as well mind because they looked more than a yard off the pace and at times I felt there was an apparent lack of effort. But again, it all circles back to fat head. They already know that all the blame is going to be directed at his ineptitude so they can play at 50% and avoid all the flak. It'll take either a miracle or some very bad competition for this team not to finish rock bottom.

MOAR RUNNING!!

Bruce himself admits he was at a loss to explain why his players performed so poorly at Norwich.

‘If I knew the answer (to why) then of course I would have changed something,’ he said. 'They are not bad players, but you have to apply yourself better than what we did today.’

Errrm isn't that kind of your job. Prick.

He's called a training session for tomorrow apparently.

Do you reckon he'll just shout at everyone?

Or do you think it'll be everyone sitting in a circle and if someone says a good idea everyone has to go "yes and ho".

No bother, 30 laps of the training pitches will sort this shit out in no time. Steve’s got this. Definitely.

I hope they all roll their sleeves up and dig in.

He's called a training session for tomorrow apparently.

Do you reckon he'll just shout at everyone?

Or do you think it'll be everyone sitting in a circle and if someone says a good idea everyone has to go "yes and ho".

No bother, 30 laps of the training pitches will sort this shit out in no time. Steve’s got this. Definitely.

I'd really like to see a Steve Bruce training session played to Benny Hill music.

:lol: :lol:

He’s in an almost impossible position, 11th choice, not enough time preseason, existing players who must have been p*ssed off with the shambolic way the club handled Rafa and then muddled around for a replacement and new signings coming into a storm.

The bile that’s coming his way needs to be redirected to Ashley, Bruce is making the hash of it most believed he would and his media skills are clumsy and crass. I’ve never rated Bruce as a manager, I detest his weird accent, he looks like he lives in Fenwicks doorway and I really don’t think he had any real support for NUFC. His dad might have but I can’t remember Bruce ever recalling any NUFC matches of his youth or attending any as a fan. The fact that he managed Sunderland is neither here nor there for me.

Directing s*** towards Bruce might get him out but he’d simply get replaced. Ashley has to be the target we should remember that. Bruce is just a symptom.

Partly think this was half the reason he was hired, they knew he was no good and would probably take the heat off Ashley for a while. Turn the concentration on to Bruce and away from the real issue.

Probably why Charnley has got a lot more vocal recently too because he knows he's inciting hatred and again that takes focus away from Ashley and on to another of his patsy shoe lickers.

This is so true. Every move Ashley makes and all the sound bites that come out come through Bishop. There's a reason behind these mad choices. Bruce will have been bought in for the Geordie angle and to take some focus off Ashley no doubt about it. Bishop is running this shitshow and he has 45k brainwashed zombies hanging off his every word

Ashley

Bishop

Charnley

Bruce

They are all complict in this and all as big a Cunt as each other

He’s in an almost impossible position, 11th choice, not enough time preseason, existing players who must have been p*ssed off with the shambolic way the club handled Rafa and then muddled around for a replacement and new signings coming into a storm.

The bile that’s coming his way needs to be redirected to Ashley, Bruce is making the hash of it most believed he would and his media skills are clumsy and crass. I’ve never rated Bruce as a manager, I detest his weird accent, he looks like he lives in Fenwicks doorway and I really don’t think he had any real support for NUFC. His dad might have but I can’t remember Bruce ever recalling any NUFC matches of his youth or attending any as a fan. The fact that he managed Sunderland is neither here nor there for me.

Directing s*** towards Bruce might get him out but he’d simply get replaced. Ashley has to be the target we should remember that. Bruce is just a symptom.

Partly think this was half the reason he was hired, they knew he was no good and would probably take the heat off Ashley for a while. Turn the concentration on to Bruce and away from the real issue.

Probably why Charnley has got a lot more vocal recently too because he knows he's inciting hatred and again that takes focus away from Ashley and on to another of his patsy shoe lickers.

This is so true. Every move Ashley makes and all the sound bites that come out come through Bishop. There's a reason behind these mad choices. Bruce will have been bought in for the Geordie angle and to take some focus off Ashley no doubt about it. Bishop is running this shitshow and he has 45k brainwashed zombies hanging off his every word

Ashley

Bishop

Charnley

Bruce

They are all complict in this and all as big a Cunt as each other

Absolutely but the cancer needs cut out at the source, he knows that watering down the anger will ease the pressure. He's just skulked off into the background again and left Brewcie and Charnley to take the hits. Look at the Pardew era, everyone left him alone, everyone hated Pardew, he just wants a repeat of that, supporters paying him a fat wedge to moan at the manager and leave him to swim in the money like scrooge mcduck

Shelvey: Uh, Hollywood balls every 30 seconds. [throws ball]

Everyone: Yes and ho!

Ki Sung-yueng: Reduce the opponent threat through meticulous studying of their common decisions and devise a means to counter attack with minimal exposure of the channels through our midfield.

Everyone except Bruce: Yes and ho!

Bruce: Ki, Ki I want to hear new ideas ricocheting off your synapses like a pinball, not just a two year old slogan.

(this one is for Thick of It purists)

O0

Shelvey: Uh, Hollywood balls every 30 seconds. [throws ball]

Everyone: Yes and ho!

Ki Sung-yueng: Reduce the opponent threat through meticulous studying of their common decisions and devise a means to counter attack with minimal exposure of the channels through our midfield.

Everyone except Bruce: Yes and ho!

Bruce: Ki, Ki I want to hear new ideas ricocheting off your synapses like a pinball, not just a two year old slogan.

(this one is for Thick of It purists)

Great stuff  :cool:

Oh man ... he's pulling the extra training session because you weren't good enough shtick?

This is just a big show to put the blame on the players, but it's very clear the team is not setup right due to his incompetence.

The team looked so bad it points far more to incompetence than anything the players are doing wrong.

This is so weak.

It’s the new manager anti-bounce, it was inevitable. Take a world class manager and trusted coaches who’ve been drilling their players for years and replace him with whatever cheap option would take the job. Then get rid of the key players and put the responsibility on young players new to the league.

You couldn’t design a better relegation strategy.

Bruce: you have to apply yourself better than what we did today.

Also Bruce: I can't question the desire. Nobody was not trying.

Bruce: We will look at things on Monday

Also Bruce: Come in for training on Sunday, boys

Guest covmag

Is he just getting flak just on here or also everywhere else like FB and twitter where the majority are more Ashley goons than on here?

A lad has just put on my FB you have to get behind a Geordie manager it's only 2 games.Well erm nar

Kept going on about it being Norwich's first  home game . Villa lost to Bournemouth yesterday.

He's your typical cliche-ridden, media fanboy manager so far out of his depth it's unreal. Like Pardew, Allardyce, Redknapp etc.

That's why the press talk about how poor we look, how we're certain for relegation, how somehow he's managed to unravel three years worth of solid coaching in three weeks. Yet, they won't make the connection to the fact that he's a god-awful manager. Because he a press chum that talks to them and gives them the 'insider story'.

Fact is, he's one of the worst managers in that has ever been in the Premier League, and that's not cliche, that's just fact. No amount of 'giving him time' will change that. Hell, I can't see how we're even going a win a game under him.