Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We played some really good stuff 2nd half of the season. Some very well worked goals, we looked threatening in possession and on the counter. Perez and Rondon were linking up superbly. It was very enjoyable.

In saying that, the first half of the season wasn't great.

I remember how pissed off people were after the Brighton home game, Palace and Southampton away (when we created less than nothing). Those games were dire.

Rafa's teams definitely played some uninspiring stuff as well, but you could see there was a plan to play better on the counter once we had the players in to do it. Even the introduction of Almiron saw us playing a much better brand of football.

49,937 v Man City

51,198 v Man United

Are we picking and choosing who we protest against?

I think it's a case of a lot of fans being simply less interested since Rafa wasn't given any incentive to stay. Proof if ever it was needed the owner has no desire for the club to progress. That's the bottom line despite current form. Enjoy the wins, enjoy going to the game if you're still interested enough. Got to admit that life feels emptier since i stopped going but it must be remembered that ultimately MA couldn't care less about progress and i wish people could see beyond the good results.  People are'nt bothering to buy one off tickets v less glamorous opposition.

People forget that in the first part of last season our star striker was Joselu.  Rafa set the team up not to concede knowing that a good goal difference is worth a point. When Rondon and Almiron got fit we played some excellent football.

Football under Bruce has been nothing but pure shite and I'm just waiting for Bruces luck to run out because we've been very lucky in picking up points we never deserved.  His tongue will be flicking in and out even more than it does now the fat ugly useless tosser

People forget that in the first part of last season our star striker was Joselu.  Rafa set the team up not to concede knowing that a good goal difference is worth a point. When Rondon and Almiron got fit we played some excellent football.

Football under Bruce has been nothing but pure shite and I'm just waiting for Bruces luck to run out because we've been very lucky in picking up points we never deserved.  His tongue will be flicking in and out even more than it does now the fat ugly useless tosser

We defo picked up when Rondon starting playing, but were still inconsistent and shite at times.

West Ham, Wolves, Fulham, Man Utd home run was (1 goal and 1 point). We were unlucky against Wolves, but tbf we were pretty shite in the other 3 games.

Again, not taking anything away from the team- as we really hit our stride in 2019.

it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment

No credit at all. You've said it yourself that it's similar to the 5th place season. The following season proved that we finished 5th in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

Give over. Yeah Pardew was shit overall, but he deserved some credit for the season we finished 5th, as does Bruce for having a decent start to his time here.

I'm sure the wheels will come off eventually (as they did with Pardew), but you can't say whenever we win, it is in spite of the manager.

Yes you can when it’s true.

Pardew deserves zero credit. The fella was a fraud and so is this guy. Bruce will soon be on the same scrapheap that Pardew finds himself on and rightly so. Time is up for the likes of them in footballing terms.

Christ. Some right miserable cunts in here :lol:

:lol: I'm as happy as a sandboy in life but in a purely football context, is it any wonder that people are miserable. There's nothing to be positive about with regards to NUFC and it hurts.

I get that. But if you can't get any enjoyment at all from winning a match, I wouldn't bother following football at all. I don't support Bruce as the manager, but he has done much better than I expected thus far.

And what’s the point of winning a game under this regime at this time? After 10

Years of misery, underdevelopment and enforced mediocrity? What possible enjoyment do you derive from that win?

Come in here to read that the geordies are hard up and have an inferiority complex, aye, that's the problem with the club.

:lol:

Bloke has been nothing but patronizing since coming in. Sickening watching fans get behind him.

People claiming he's a good bloke as well still, I just don't get that. He's a patronising snake happy to continue to keep up the status quo for Mike knowing full well he's ran/running the club even further into the ground.

The clubs fucked and reading comments in here just shows big Mike has the majority exactly where he's been trying to them for the past 10 year. Happy with scraps.

“I‘ve been in the north east and it’s tough for people at Christmas. Maybe the club can help too. Can we give them an incentive to bring people back? I do believe people want to come and see their team but it’s difficult for people. Maybe there’s something we can do?”

I'm so disenfranchised that there's a bit of me that's thinking this is the prelude to a half season ticket deal. Steve earning his wedge, I went to Mike and got you this deal.

Nice guy Steve has got this.  Such a top bloke.  Not complicit at all.  Just wants what's best for the club. Get behind him.

“I‘ve been in the north east and it’s tough for people at Christmas. Maybe the club can help too. Can we give them an incentive to bring people back? I do believe people want to come and see their team but it’s difficult for people. Maybe there’s something we can do?”

I'm so disenfranchised that there's a bit of me that's thinking this is the prelude to a half season ticket deal. Steve earning his wedge, I went to Mike and got you this deal.

Nice guy Steve has got this.  Such a top bloke.  Not complicit at all.  Just wants what's best for the club. Get behind him.

Ffs absolute desperation, it's so obvious, I hope to fuck this doesn't change a thing

Absolute barefaced complicity. Charnley probably told him to bang on about it to promote it.

There’s a proper manager on Monday Night Football right now. A million times the man and coach that Bruce is.

it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment

No credit at all. You've said it yourself that it's similar to the 5th place season. The following season proved that we finished 5th in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

Give over. Yeah Pardew was shit overall, but he deserved some credit for the season we finished 5th, as does Bruce for having a decent start to his time here.

I'm sure the wheels will come off eventually (as they did with Pardew), but you can't say whenever we win, it is in spite of the manager.

Pardew deserves zero credit. The fella was a fraud and so is this guy. Bruce will soon be on the same scrapheap that Pardew finds himself on and rightly so. Time is up for the likes of them in footballing terms.

:lol: I'm as happy as a sandboy in life but in a purely football context, is it any wonder that people are miserable. There's nothing to be positive about with regards to NUFC and it hurts.

I get that. But if you can't get any enjoyment at all from winning a match, I wouldn't bother following football at all. I don't support Bruce as the manager, but he has done much better than I expected thus far.

To be honest, I don't bother to follow football any more, not with any real interest. I don't watch any football on TV, never mind NUFC matches. I'm on here a lot as I enjoy the community and of course because the club is in my blood and I cannot let go, but Ashley has managed to kill my love for the sport which has been my life for the last 40 years.

I cannot separate NUFC winning a match from it being a success for Mike Ashley. If you can, then fair play to you.

To be honest, I don't bother to follow football any more, not with any real interest. I don't watch any football on TV, never mind NUFC matches. I'm on here a lot as I enjoy the community and of course because the club is in my blood and I cannot let go, but Ashley has managed to kill my love for the sport which has been my life for the last 40 years.

I cannot separate NUFC winning a match from it being a success for Mike Ashley. If you can, then fair play to you.

The community seems so fractured to me now it is getting less and less enjoyable. Repetitive endless arguments. There's two or three posters could do with an enforced rest for a month or two, and its none of the old regulars.