Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

'Charlie's Premier League grades'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12037380

Skys football expert's grading for Bruce has to be seen to be believed.

Not sure how Southampton get a C+ and we get a B when they finished 2 places and 8 points ahead of us. They lost one game 9-0 and still had a goal difference 11 better than ours as well.

But Charlie say's...................................."He ended up playing a decent attacking style which Newcastle fans would, if they're sitting over their beer in the stadium, say he did a good job but not as good as Rafa - you'd say really? The position he finished in the league? There wasn't even one bit of sweat on the brow about going down, which you got with Rafa."

Not sure how Southampton get a C+ and we get a B when they finished 2 places and 8 points ahead of us. They lost one game 9-0 and still had a goal difference 11 better than ours as well.

But Charlie say's...................................."He ended up playing a decent attacking style which Newcastle fans would, if they're sitting over their beer in the stadium, say he did a good job but not as good as Rafa - you'd say really? The position he finished in the league? There wasn't even one bit of sweat on the brow about going down, which you got with Rafa."

I keep hearing more and more pundits go on about this attacking style we've been playing. Souness alluded to it last week as well. I suppose if you end up peddling a lie over and over eventually more people will start to believe it. My own eyes and the stats suggest we were arguably the least attacking side in the league. Couldn't care less what the likes of Nicholas says, he's probably not even watched us this season.

Edwards was ridiculous on that podcast. Bizarrely trying to push through that Bruce had improved Lascelles over the course of the season.

Totally agree. I thought I couldn't hate the cunt any more than I did. I was wrong.

Just throwing it out there but I think there was a 5-6 game spell either side of lockdown where we started showing improvement after which point we were knocked and had no reason left to win.

I think if we luck out with three signings (CM, LB, CF) and retain the others in a non takeover world we’d finish 13th on merit next season (as opposed to the sheer luck from this season)

Not that I want that of course

I think there was one game against Bournemouth where we actually attacked pretty well, but then we played Man City and played a 10 man defence and that seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. Bruce doesn't have a set way of playing, he's like Pardew in that he'll chop and change after every bad result and see if it makes a difference. He's an absolute pud.

Edwards was ridiculous on that podcast. Bizarrely trying to push through that Bruce had improved Lascelles over the course of the season.

Totally agree. I thought I couldn't hate the cunt any more than I did. I was wrong.

Amazingly he came across worse than he does on Twitter. I didn't used to mind him before this season tbf and even at the start of the season pod they referenced he was fine compared to Twitter. Now he's just a client journalist.

Shame to see that Neil Warnock has decided to stay with Middlesborough for next season. Probably beyond our financial remit but he would have been a massive upgrade on Steve Bruce

We always have to take it too far, don't we? :lol:

Standard snowflake society opinion. If you enter a fat kid into the 100metres and he doesn't come last he gets more praise than the rest of the runners

Standard snowflake society opinion. If you enter a fat kid into the 100metres and he doesn't come last he gets more praise than the rest of the runners. Even if one was struck by lightning (Norwich), one tripped up (Bournemouth), one had a heart attack(Watford), and the other was so stupid they turned around and ran the other way (villa)

Shame to see that Neil Warnock has decided to stay with Middlesborough for next season. Probably beyond our financial remit but he would have been a massive upgrade on Steve Bruce

We always have to take it too far, don't we? :lol:

It was a light hearted quip guys but I didn't know how to insert a smiley

samptime and Pat Butcher's bluff has been called. Your man Bruce will be in charge again next season, you guys will have to tell us what an 'OK' job he's going to do next season. :lol:

samptime and Pat Butcher's bluff has been called. Your man Bruce will be in charge again next season, you guys will have to tell us what an 'OK' job he's going to do next season. :lol:

Bad news that I am not happy about. But you would know that if you could actually read you fucking spanner.

I wonder if his earlier anger was in any way fuelled by the idea that Ashley was leaving. It would be a small consolation [although I'm still not sure how I felt about the takeover] to think of Bruce arse kissing his way back in.

Bad news that I am not happy about. But you would know that if you could actually read you fucking spanner.

"Look....all I'm saying is he's done an OK job"

Well maybe he'll do one next season? Come on lad, he's not turned into someone else, it's still the same manager with 20 yrs experience and all those nice stats from this season.

"Look....all I'm saying is he's done an OK job"

Well maybe he'll do one next season? Come on lad, he's not turned into someone else, it's still the same manager with 20 yrs experience and all those nice stats from this season.

Were you dropped as a child? Only explanation for you being this stupid.