Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Ah, of course, because all 'star players' (whatever that means) lack work ethic and camaraderie. Amazing insight :lol:

He knows he won't be given the money to sign star players, so he's basically talking up the poundshop value players he'll have to recruit instead. He's doing the job he's paid for I suppose.

Several reports of what we already know. No big spending and only trying to source out loans or cheap/free transfers.

Also the shortlist Bruce has drawn up likely doesnt align with what the club hierarchy have interest in spending.

Can see Bruce tripping into the boardroom to complain and just getting repeatedly slapped and humiliated.

"so, what you going to do about it? *slap* do something *slap* anything? *slap* thought not. Now get out of my office.

hope he resigns in protest.

he's got nowt to lose. stay and he's got a shit squad and will have to rely on ASM to help us not get relegated.

resign and he'll be a hero in some people's eyes - "brilliant" first season and then completely let down by Ashley.

why would anyone want to stay ffs?

Well it's backs against the wall. The lads feel hard done by the reports in the media and want to prove a point. I have full confidence in the players we have here and can't wait for the season to start. The lads are ready, I'm ready and I think they will have a terrific season if they stick together and provide more of the fight and performances they showed last year.

Well it's backs against the wall. The lads feel hard done by the reports in the media and want to prove a point. I have full confidence in the players we have here and can't wait for the season to start. The lads are ready, I'm ready and I think they will have a terrific season if they stick together and provide more of the fight and performances they showed last year.

"Proved last year that we're more than capable of staying in this league. Took a long time for the lads to get used to a more attacking approach but I think you'll see those improvement just from the stats. Delighted that we've tied down big Andy and Ritchie to new deals and also convinced young Matty that we're positively going to attempt to stay in this league. This is a solid set of lads, their spirit is the best I've seen in all my years of management. Would I like to add a couple of names? Of course, which manager wouldn't, but I won't be too worried going into this season with this great squad"

"Proved last year that we're more than capable of staying in this league. Took a long time for the lads to get used to a more attacking approach but I think you'll see those improvement just from the stats. Delighted that we've tied down big Andy and Ritchie to new deals and also convinced young Matty that we're positively going to attempt to stay in this league. This is a solid set of lads, their spirit is the best I've seen in all my years of management. Would I like to add a couple of names? Of course, which manager wouldn't, but I won't be too worried going into this season with this great squad"

I genuinely hope this isn't a real quote. Tragic thing is that its totally believable, and makes us sound like a 'plucky championship team' who fluked their way through the playoffs for promotion and stayed up with a last minute deflection on the last day of the season.

Last season was grim, this one is going to be like being one of Jigsaws victims

It's smug as fuck but I just can't get mad at his stupid face this time when he's calling out know-nothing 'journalism' after the shit the majority have touted for the past four months.

Who knows, maybe it'll also upset one or two people at Sky and they decide it'd be more fun to call out his shit management next season? That'd be nice.

Of course he hasn't.

He hasn't. He's had a little pop at those who were falsely touting his job up for grabs to another manager. Not a big deal.

I know. I wasn't being facetious. Of course he hasn't done anything wrong. He's just permanently rank, is all. No need to spend another season leaping to his defence.