Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Other than Carver I honestly don't think we have had a shitter manager in the premier league erap. Roeder was better than this.

While Pardew, Souness and Allardyce were rancid people I actually think Bruce is worse. Absolutely f***ing clueless.

Said with conviction because I am "entitled to my opinion."

[/quot

Agree

Who is available that could replace him? Ashley won’t show any ambition (as usual) when the takeover is still in the background.

I will still never understand why Ashley didn’t keep Rafa and give him everything he wanted as a pretence when he knew there was a chance of sale within 12 months. It’s just simple business sense if anything

Who is available that could replace him? Ashley won’t show any ambition (as usual) when the takeover is still in the background.

I will still never understand why Ashley didn’t keep Rafa and give him everything he wanted as a pretence when he knew there was a chance of sale within 12 months. It’s just simple business sense if anything

Ashley is a narcissist. Rafa wasn’t sycophantic enough. Desperate journeymen are.

Howe. Won’t cost anything either.

Love the "who is worse" debate. Saw a load of "even pardew was better", crap the other day too.

We've had Keegan, SBR, Keegan again, Hughton and Rafa who were good since the PL began. The rest have been a mixture of AIDS, Cancer and being stabbed by sharp objects. It doesn't matter what rank they find themselves, they were all equally harmful to us.

What is most hurtful is that we went FROM AIDS to Cancer, flirted with a cure and said "no fuck it, bring on the sharp objects too."

The manager is shite, the club is rotten and it's being like that 90% of the last 15 years.

Mark Hughes.

Howe. Won’t cost anything either.

I'd even have Bilic also.

Making a theoretically progressive appointment like Howe would be very frustrating with Ashley still the owner. Oh, I see, so you actually want your most important employee to be talented/interesting/honest/exciting after all, do you? What about the extremely decorated manager - who not only got results but who also grasped, identified with, and sold the identity of the club - you let walk away for nowt?

Fuck it. What exactly are we supposed to be hoping for here, re a change in manager? Are we hoping that we land on a manager who is both talented enough and likeable enough to ensure that the club performs well and can be identified with; all the while being enough of a patsy to ensure that he doesn't upset the applecart and is unbendingly loyal to his paymasters? Sorry, like, but that manager doesn't exist. There's no silver bullet which means both me and Mike Ashley are both totally content. You get Rafas or you get Bruces. Or completely useless ones that work for no one, like McClaren.

I hope Bruce stays exactly where he is until the new owners come in; cannot be remotely fucked in another three years of pretending.

Howe and Bilic wouldn't come here, man. No decent manager with any self-respect, would want to work for Mike Ashley.

newcastle-united-v-manchester-city-premier-league-5c7cfc1e556892cd3c00000e.jpg

That ship has sailed, bonny lad. Decent managers will have seen how the owner treat Rafa. No chance.

Managers of Rafa’s stature, sure. But a younger up-and-coming or not quite established manager could be interested.

Howe and Bilic wouldn't come here, man. No decent manager with any self-respect, would want to work for Mike Ashley.

newcastle-united-v-manchester-city-premier-league-5c7cfc1e556892cd3c00000e.jpg

That ship has sailed, bonny lad. Decent managers will have seen how the owner treat Rafa. No chance.

Incredibly true.  Any decent professional will keep a million miles away from Newcastle and Ashley.  So sad but so annoying.

Making a theoretically progressive appointment like Howe would be very frustrating with Ashley still the owner. Oh, I see, so you actually want your most important employee to be talented/interesting/honest/exciting after all, do you? What about the extremely decorated manager - who not only got results but who also grasped, identified with, and sold the identity of the club - you let walk away for nowt?

Fuck it. What exactly are we supposed to be hoping for here, re a change in manager? Are we hoping that we land on a manager who is both talented enough to get the club performing to a respectable degree, whilst being a decent enough bloke which enables the likes of me to begin identifying with the club again? All the while being enough of a patsy to ensure that he doesn't upset the applecart and is unbendingly loyal to his paymasters? Sorry, like, but that manager doesn't exist. There's no silver bullet which means both me and Mike Ashley are both totally content. You get Rafas or you get Bruces. Or completely useless ones that work for no one, like McClaren.

I hope Bruce stays exactly where he is until the new owners come in; cannot be remotely fucked in another three years of pretending.

An awful lot of me thinks like this however the rest of me wants to enjoy watching games again. I also have no hope that we’ll see a takeover remotely soon.

Fuck it. What exactly are we supposed to be hoping for here, re a change in manager? Are we hoping that we land on a manager who is both talented enough to get the club performing to a respectable degree, whilst being a decent enough bloke which enables the likes of me to begin identifying with the club again? All the while being enough of a patsy to ensure that he doesn't upset the applecart and is unbendingly loyal to his paymasters? Sorry, like, but that manager doesn't exist. There's no silver bullet which means both me and Mike Ashley are both totally content. You get Rafas or you get Bruces. Or completely useless ones that work for no one, like McClaren.

I just want to be able to support Newcastle United.

Fully agree. It's why whilst I want Bruce to fucking drop dead and be replaced by literally anyone at this stage I don't think the likes of Howe are the answer. The takeover happens, we'll want the manager changed. Again.

I just want to be able to support Newcastle United.

So do I, mate, and I believe that that's ultimately my point. I don't want to be lied to with another Rafa. I want the club to be honest about what it is; and Bruce replacing Rafa was the biggest admission of what we are: a club pretending to be a club... until new owners come and we can all get back what we want.