Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Is it true Sheffield United have conceded in every game they’ve played this season? Apart from tonight.

Aye.

We didn't even threaten their goal.

Where they had easily the worst keeper in the league who was having problem with his vision for most of the second half.

He's on course to keep us up, he's done nothing to be sacked for under Ashley's NUFC.

Depends on whether you look at the points, or whether you factor in form and chance creation. No way do we stop up if he sees the season out, today has proven there aren't 3 worse teams than us.

Blaming VAR....

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce to BBC Sport: "I've got no issues with the red card - we can't argue with that and you can't argue with how poor we are in the first half.

"But the penalty baffles me. The referee got it spot on in real time. It hit [Fernandez's] hand but it's not intentional. It could have been a foul on him as well.

"VAR is supposed to be for clear and obvious decisions. How someone 300 miles away on a TV screen can overturn it is beyond me.

"You know when the referee goes to the screen it will be a penalty - it's pathetic. It's beyond me.

"And then there's a horror challenge by Billy Sharp, that should be a straight red card. It's blatant. They didn't check it. It's laughable the whole VAR situation and I don't think anyone enjoys it.

"I'm struggling to cope with it. Week in week out, it's ruining the game."

He actually lost and still with the same 30odd percent possession.

It's absolutely outrageous :lol: :lol:

Still, it barely makes much difference if he goes or not. Ashley will just take this fanbase on another merry go round.

Said it the other day, he goes then what ? Some other daft c***?

Let the f***ing place burn  :lol:

Mike appoints competent people when we’re up shit creek (Kev, Al, Rafa)

And he appoints buffoons when things are stable

He also levels them out. Giving money to the tragic managers and nothing to the better ones.

Like a handicap system designed for optimal 17thage.

TBF he is right on those.

Maybe but it's not the main takeaway from this game. He should be explaining why we set up so defensively against a team with 2 points and why we looked like complete shit for the whole game. He's just going to focus on the VAR issues and hide from the real problems.

Blaming VAR....

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce to BBC Sport: "I've got no issues with the red card - we can't argue with that and you can't argue with how poor we are in the first half.

"But the penalty baffles me. The referee got it spot on in real time. It hit [Fernandez's] hand but it's not intentional. It could have been a foul on him as well.

"VAR is supposed to be for clear and obvious decisions. How someone 300 miles away on a TV screen can overturn it is beyond me.

"You know when the referee goes to the screen it will be a penalty - it's pathetic. It's beyond me.

"And then there's a horror challenge by Billy Sharp, that should be a straight red card. It's blatant. They didn't check it. It's laughable the whole VAR situation and I don't think anyone enjoys it.

Be all VAR's fault when we get relegated

Blaming VAR....

Not the only thing Steve.

How can he not fluke one game!!! where we have more of the ball or one game!! where we have statistically the better of it??

Even in trying to play bad that was previously probably an impossibility on the law of averages, but to actually be trying to do well and produce the exact opposite 100% of the time is incompetence beyond belief.

*BTW 'Steve Dust' always makes me think of Stevie Nicks

Blaming VAR....

:lol: oh the irony.

He just has to go man. We've played some awful football over the years but this is the first time I've actually stopped watching games. Most boring team in the world

Same here, I'll normally always watch every game out of a sense of habit or duty but I've even stopped doing that now. Last couple of games I've been sat in the house with access to it on telly but just can't be arsed anymore. It's been the most tedious football I've ever seen us play over the last 2 seasons.

How can he not fluke one game!!! where we have more of the ball or one game!! where we have statistically the better of it??

Even in trying to play bad that was previously probably an impossibility on the law of averages, but to actually be trying to do well and produce the exact opposite 100% of the time is incompetence beyond belief.

*BTW 'Steve Dust' always makes me think of Stevie Nicks

He’s already fluked more than one game, give him some credit.