Joelinton

Stifler

Immense, if you said to me today we’ve just signed this defensive combative midfielder from Brazil for 40m and he put the performance he did tonight, I’d say we robbed the team we bought him from. He’s not a striker, but he’s surely not a DM, but fucking hell that was some performance, total control, rarely gave a pass away, strong, physical, bossed it. Well done that man!

It was always there. No surprise to see he's a good footballer when he's not asked to sit up front on his own having meaningless balls pumped to him. I'd still prefer him to be higher up when we're attacking mind because I think he's our best executer of a goal winning final ball. Issue is he's also our best ball winning midfielder so he has to start from deep. 

If we stay up he could end up getting a brazil call up at this rate.

Honestly incredible. Just everywhere and barely loses the ball and can hold it up. He is everything at the moment for us.

Labelled a modern day Batty by the commentators on my feed. Not sure Batty had the skill Joey does but no doubt on the newly found battling and breaking up play.

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I think it will be easy, and understandable, for people to dismiss today's performance as great within a shit team, not hard to look good after so much shit, etc etc. 

BUT, I think it was a genuinely outstanding performance no matter the current team, situation, or history. 

It was a straight-up fantastic 90 minutes from Joelinton. 

This performance was deffinitely his best, and by a long way, but he's been hinting at this ever since Howe took over. Deffinitely doesn't seem a fluke.

He's not even a defensive midfielder but a genuine all round box to box. Does all the dirty graft, carries the ball up the pitch and is more of a threat now than he ever was as a number 9.

Unreal transformation.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Immense, if you said to me today we’ve just signed this defensive combative midfielder from Brazil for 40m and he put the performance he did tonight, I’d say we robbed the team we bought him from. He’s not a striker, but he’s surely not a DM, but fucking hell that was some performance, total control, rarely gave a pass away, strong, physical, bossed it. Well done that man!

10 out of 10 performance. I don't think he put a foot wrong, and considering the level to which he was involved, that is incredible.

I try to forget about Bruce but how can you?