Joelinton

Stifler

As previously stated , too much money and no brains, the only problem I have with him is if he gets a 2/3 ban in UK , nothing stopping him from driving during that period ,should he get a transfer to a foreign land, which pisses me off whereby the ban will be ineffective.

Drunk driving is dumb, obviously, but it’s also incredibly selfish for a key player to do anything that might put himslef at risk of being unable to play when the club is on the cusp of a cup final and trying to hold down a top four place. You need to be aware that a lot is riding on your health and availability and conduct yourself accordingly.

Edited by oldtype

Stupid cunt getting behind a wheel. I've no sympathy for anyone who does it. I never drink within the limit and drive or even drive hungover because I absolutely detest those who drive under the influence. Seen far too much death from it. 

With regards to his professionalism drinking the night before a training session or whatever, he may have only had the equivalent of a couple of pints. Big difference in that and being pissed drunk so lets wait and see what the story was. 

Edited by Decky

Driving drunk is not good. Here it's just for Big Joe to lay flat for everyone and take his punishment. Hopefully he will learn from this and give his best on the field in the last half of the season. anyway, not what we needed now.

I’d also hazard a guess to say he may not have been brought up to have the same mentality regarding drink driving as Brits do. 

Club should just read the riot act to anyone who signs for us regarding the importance/ attitude to drink driving in the UK. 

Edited by SEMTEX

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Club need to have policy for this. Full stop. A car service or driver on speed dial. All the time. 

Why?  My employer doe t do this and I somehow manage not to drink and drive. 

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Why is he even drunk that late anyway? Does he not have training the next day?

He might not have been drunk to be fair. you could have 2 pints and possibly be over the limit but you wouldn’t be drunk. 

If it’s the above then it’s a stupid risk for him to take, if it’s anything more than 2 pints then it’s just brainless behaviour. 

Just now, Sima said:

He’s been charged after failing a breathalyser, I’d imagine.

Usually pretty open and shut.

Indeed. Traffic offences have no grey area unlike most other offences. It's very black and white (pardon the pun). 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Had on lads, there's a spectrum here though right?

Being over the limit is stupid. Being pissed swerving down the road etc is reprehensible.

Agreed, if it was a categorical no drink at all policy the limit would be zero, it isn’t!