Joelinton

Stifler

Problem with Big Joe is that Brazilian national team football doesn’t really suit him. He’s not really suited to play against deep sitting team as his best attributes doesn’t shine through. Definitely done enough to be an option off the bench, but Bruno is the one that should start next to Casemiro. 

Just watched the highlights.  It’s a thoroughly mediocre side in Brazilian terms - in my lifetime, the c.1990 Brazil side was as bad as it got.

We all love Joelinton - but let’s be honest, he doesn’t get near most Brazil sides from our lifetimes.  

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Just watched the highlights.  It’s a thoroughly mediocre side in Brazilian terms - in my lifetime, the c.1990 Brazil side was as bad as it got.

We all love Joelinton - but let’s be honest, he doesn’t get near most Brazil sides from our lifetimes.  

Ban this sick filth

Joelinton is a decent CM, but currently i feel he lacks a bit at CDM. To me it looks like he's not really used to that position. I'm sure he could be trained to be an excellent CDM aswell though, if needed. This guy keeps evolving!

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

In terms of quality and coaching. Luckily, the manager is only here for the short-term. Think with Martinelli, Neymar, Rodrygo, Casemiro and Raphinha back in the team more quality will be added.

Brazil have had far worse teams in recent memory than the current squad.

The current squad with everybody available has far more quality and depth than the one on home soil in 2014 for example. I actually think on paper it's better than any squad they've had since 2006 (which although strong on paper, was full of aging stars from 2002).

I don't think Joelinton should really start for this current side, though. But he's probably good enough to be in and around the squad just due to his versatility.

Edited by ponsaelius

Guys we are all forgetting ourselves here.

Joelinton is clearly and obviously the second greatest Brazilian player of all time.

Top 5:

1. Bruno G

2. Joelinton

3. Pele

4. Darren Ambrose

5. Rob Lee

1 hour ago, James said:

Guys we are all forgetting ourselves here.

Joelinton is clearly and obviously the second greatest Brazilian player of all time.

Top 5:

1. Bruno G

2. Joelinton

3. Pele

4. Darren Ambrose

5. Rob Lee

You might need to bump Pele down a one…

Spoiler

IMG_6591.jpeg.f68d4325dd8c1d3755843741ad571b69.jpeg

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

11 hours ago, Flip said:

Problem with Big Joe is that Brazilian national team football doesn’t really suit him. He’s not really suited to play against deep sitting team as his best attributes doesn’t shine through. Definitely done enough to be an option off the bench, but Bruno is the one that should start next to Casemiro. 

Joelinton is the one that should start next to Bruno

I watched Joelintons Brazil debut and Isak against Austria, both looked out of sorts, as if they were just dieing to press but instead had to dawdle about. Not bad games as such, just not what we know they can do.

21 minutes ago, madras said:

I watched Joelintons Brazil debut and Isak against Austria, both looked out of sorts, as if they were just dieing to press but instead had to dawdle about. Not bad games as such, just not what we know they can do.

Yep, must be hard for the PL based players who get drilled into pushing up and pressing to suddenly change gear into a much slower tempo that you typically see in internationals.

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Easy to forget that was his first full season playing in midfield. His first full season under Howe.

Everyone, myself included, is clamouring for new signings but big Joe will go to another level next year. Absolute beast of a player; press resistant, pressing monster, athletic phenom. If he can start attacking offensive corners like he attacks the rest of the game he’d be one of the best destroyers in the league. If he isn’t already. 

• 2 weeks later...